• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The ducks are hatching!!! Update @ 10pm

marchi1990

Mama Doe
They've cracked! I'm so excited and you can hear them chirping!!

29EB185F-4C94-43E3-A9AE-C01E547B984A_zpsskxncflc.jpg

Video ---

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/...A-2E8B-4516-A48C-21873EE07DFC_zpslwyxzzh8.mp4

Update 1 --

One has arrived!!

26DB40A2-8DBF-4945-B4A1-CE3E519AD288_zps3rzfxxxi.jpg

A little dazed and confused but so cute!!

Update 3 --

61627C2E-14C4-4E62-811A-19683E2F8C40_zps2do59cr3.jpg

That makes three!!

Update 4 --

Unfortunately this is a sad update. One of the ducklings has been born with a 'wry neck' which means that his neck is essentially crooked. It's utterly heartbreaking to watch as he is unable to control his balance so he flips and ends up on his back. He is most comfortable when held so I have been doing that for a lot of the night :( I have been doing a lot of research and it apparently is a result of a vitamin deficiency - some websites recommend administering a child multi vitamin drop (without iron) so first thing tomorrow I am on the hunt for that.

I wish I could do more but I don't know what to do.

Last edited:
I am sooooo jealous! I hatched ducklings a few years ago and it was just an amazing experience, they followed me everywhere and teaching them to swim in the bath was just hilarious!

How exciting! Ducklings are the best! :D What breed are they?
I'm glad I've got a duckling right now or I'd be envious haha ;)

Ducklings are just the cutest things! What are you going to do with them? Will they live in your house or what?

That is so cute!
Especially on the video haha

When I was young my sister and her friend brought eggs home after the mother was chased away by mean people and didn't come back anymore. We soon discovered that our lamps weren't hot enough and we could bring them to a local shelter. Later on they invited us to see the little ones. All of the eggs hatched aside from 2 where there was nothing inside (I don't know how to call that). They were all released into the 'wild' later on :)

That is so cute!
Especially on the video haha

When I was young my sister and her friend brought eggs home after the mother was chased away by mean people and didn't come back anymore. We soon discovered that our lamps weren't hot enough and we could bring them to a local shelter. Later on they invited us to see the little ones. All of the eggs hatched aside from 2 where there was nothing inside (I don't know how to call that). They were all released into the 'wild' later on :)

What a lovely ending to the story

Oh they are just the cutest....... I rescued 8 mallard ducklings earlier this year. It was an amazing experience and my other half has said I can have some next spring, we have a 25foot pond in the garden so they will be happy there........ I released my babies with permission on a nature reserve near us.....

Back