• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How much do you pay for insurance?

Whitelighter

Warren Scout
Just had a quote for £7.82 each per month for my pair, boy and girl both 13 weeks. This covers up to £2000 of vet bills per year with a £50 excess.

Does this sound ok?

Ok, thanks.

£8 doesn't sound too bad then

It sounds really good. One thing to bear in mind though is how the premiums rise. It's a bit of an unpredictable and it's hard to make the decision without a crystal ball... I have 6 buns insured with Pet Plan and the premiums started out very low (?£9 a month) but at age 6 have risen to £13 a month:shock:) obviously once you've made a claim you are better off sticking with the same insurer so i won't be shopping around now. The older bunny I have insured with Pets @ Home however her premium is approx £7 a month. So the rise might not be as steep with other insurers. However, just because they haven't risen now doesn't mean they won't in 5 years time:?. Also, although the excess on Pet Plan (prob £55?) sounds lower than P@H (prob £75) for young rabbits; for my older rabbit's - Erin (6) her PP excess is now £100:shock: whereas Dinky (also 6) with P@H excess has remained at £75 (+10%).

Back