• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what would you do?

Rexripley

Mama Doe
For the wedding next September we will need someone to look after the bunnies for 7 days.

My mum and dad are going out the week before us and staying the week of the wedding, then we’ll still be in America the week after so they will look after them for that week .

For the 7 days they’re with us, I’m not keen on having someone come round to the house as they wouldn’t be checked on that often.

Ive emailed a few “pet resorts” but I don’t know if im just being fussy. I asked them the cost of housing a bonded pair and a single.

This is the reply.

“Our rates for the majority of the year are £6 for the pair and £5 for the single. If they are all together it would be £7 per day”

I don’t know if I’m reading this wrong but I get the impression he thinks I could put all 3 in together just to save some money which makes me a little unsure about using them.

How do you judge a rabbit savvy pet sitter/pet resort?

There doesn’t seem to be any around me 

Or would you just get a pet sitter in 2 x a day which doesn’t seem enough for me  and I don’t have anyone who could stay in the house and don’t want a stranger staying.

The easiest option would be future hubbys parents who aren’t coming but they used to keep pet rabbits and his dad tells me all the time how they used to get fed toast and crackers! I could just give them a printed out list of what to feed them and what not to feed them.

What would you do?

I always put Lola to a place out past us. But i am not sure of her after the last time.
I would offer to look after buns if i had a bigger place but sadly a one bed flats not big enough. :(
Where abouts were looking? I am sure there was a place out by Inverurie but i could never find it again.

your inlaws will give them the wrong food, no matter what you say. they'll think its a 'treat'.
get an r u pet sitter?

Do all three live together?

It's the same when using a cattery (price goes down if cats all in together). I assume it is because they have only hutch and run to clean out, rather than two or three. Is this what you meant, or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

No, I wouldn't give the job to your in-laws - as happybun says, I doubt that they will follow your regime and will think 'no harm in giving them so-and-so as a treat. :roll:

Do all three live together?

It's the same when using a cattery (price goes down if cats all in together). I assume it is because they have only hutch and run to clean out, rather than two or three. Is this what you meant, or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

No, I wouldn't give the job to your in-laws - as happybun says, I doubt that they will follow your regime and will think 'no harm in giving them so-and-so as a treat. :roll:

Well currently I have three singles! but we're going to begin bonding next year. It would be easier and amazing if all three could be together but I doubt that'll happen

;
Pity they couldn't pack their little bags and hop over the border to Worcestershire. My 5* deluxe boarding would be finished by then and I could and would happily cater for them all...............and not all in one lot of accommodation.

http://www.findpetboarding.com/smallpetboarding/ Have a look on here and see if there is anywhere suitable.

You promised you would move to Hampshire in time for me to have my leg op so my two could come to you whilst my leg is in plaster. What a disappointment!;)

;

You promised you would move to Hampshire in time for me to have my leg op so my two could come to you whilst my leg is in plaster. What a disappointment!;)

Oh heck I had forgotten!!! :oops: Note to self: Clone myself x 2..........will that be enough for now?

I could come to Hampshire......I was born down there......in Lyndhurst......... Home from home then.

Now there's a thought......could I become a roving rabbit carer and house sitter? And to be exclusive to RU and of course members of PaP. Do you think people would pay......for me to come and live in their houses and care for their bunnies? Might be rather costly though.............mmmm

Oh heck I had forgotten!!! :oops: Note to self: Clone myself x 2..........will that be enough for now?

I could come to Hampshire......I was born down there......in Lyndhurst......... Home from home then.

Now there's a thought......could I become a roving rabbit carer and house sitter? And to be exclusive to RU and of course members of PaP. Do you think people would pay......for me to come and live in their houses and care for their bunnies? Might be rather costly though.............mmmm

You could come and live with me for 6 weeks - if you'll look after my rabbits ...... and cats ...... and me!

You could come and live with me for 6 weeks - if you'll look after my rabbits ...... and cats ...... and me!

You know what, I would love to take you up on that offer, but the chances are that I am already booked up for some of that time. I know you haven't given me any dates, but next year's diary is already getting nicely booked up. :D:D

Back