• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

radio for the bunnies

may be useful when there's fireworks to help dull the noise but not really sure they'd be to bothered otherwise?

We often leave Radio 3 on for ours when we're out

When the radio is on in the house, we often find them gravitating towards one of the speakers and their ears twitching so I assume they are actively listening. And maybe hearing a human voice from time to time when we're out reassures and relaxes them. Or maybe not.

One thing I would say: since thumping is a fear thing for rabbits, I personally would not leave them with a station which plays music with a heavy beat.

I leave a radio on but it's more for my birds than my rabbits, I only bother leaving things on for them when there's fireworks or if there's people being noisy.

I used to listen to the radio/audiobooks when my rabbits lived out in their shed. It's really cozy mucking out in the winter evenings with the light, heater and radio on. I never left in on for them though - they had each other to talk to and as someone said, you never know when there might be a sound effect or song that might freak them out. I definitely recommend a heater though! :thumb:

I always leave the radio on for my cats! Radio 4, as I like to think they might enjoy Woman's Hour or the afternoon play or even pick up some tips on Moneybox (and, of course, the repeat of the Archers after lunch).:roll:

The voices might freak them out. I wouldn't do it because you won't know if they like it or if it's annoying the hell out of them

My buns are highly informed BBC world service listeners, more than can be said for the average Kiwi adult :lol:

My boarding bunnies usually have the radio on for a few hours during the early hours of the evening.

My new house rabbit bunny boarding will have a radio and a tv. Not both on all day, but one or other on and off during the course of the day. No complaints so far from past boarders staying in my shed.:thumb:

Back