• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

new shed ( lighting )

janetmarley

Young Bun
my hubby is building a new shed for my bunnies thumper & pepper he was asking what is the best type of lighting to put in or does it not matter what kind will post pics soon

We just have electric run to the shed and just light bulb. We have a pull string to turn it on and off (just in case of wet hands).

It works well for us just being basic. We also have a panel heater to keep the chill off ;) and also an ip camera so make sure you have the right electrics and enough sockets in case you want to do anything like this in the future.

I have this light and it's great http://www.powerbee.co.uk/solar-she...uperbright-led-solar-shed-light-ch-pir-9.html

My one has had a few problems with the battery draining though, however they have been helpful. They sent me a replacement battery about 2-3 months after I got it because I noticed it would only stay on for 30 secs. After the replacement battery it was fine for another 2 months and then it started doing it again so I sent it back and they're going to replace it for me.

It's excellent when it's working, I just unfortunately had a faulty one. I would definitely recommend it though. I turn it off most of the time and just switch it on when I want it, otherwise it'll be flicking on and off all evening because of the motion sensor. It's very bright, so that's great! I've tried about 3 or 4 other lights before this and they were all rubbish. I was fed up of recharging my rechargeable batteries constantly when I had other lights, and it'd cost a fortune to run off shop-bought batteries (plus it's terrible for the environment). Most other lights give off really rubbish light too, whereas this is perfectly good for my 6 x 5 shed :D

Last edited:
Solar shed lights can be good, if you've got a spot near the shed that gets good sunlight. Check out reviews first though because some are rather dim.

I can definitely recommend the one Yaretzi has linked, I have one too, it's very very bright indeed. In fact if you look directly at it it is dazzling :lol:

we will look in to the solar lights we have a few trees between our garden and next door so dont know if it will get enough sunlight to power it

we will look in to the solar lights we have a few trees between our garden and next door so dont know if it will get enough sunlight to power it

My shed is in woodland and is partly shaded, and my solar light still works fine. I tend to clean out in daylight, so only need it on for nighttime feeding and checks, I leave it switched off when not needed so it's not triggered by movement. Mine is in my goats shed so they would trigger it on and off during the night if I left it on!

Solar powered is best I think, I used to use a power monkey one. Now though I use my head torch so I can use both hands

Back