• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

odd habits

mini lop1

Wise Old Thumper
do any of your rabbits have strange habits?

sox has ever since we got him whenever he goes into corner of room he will just leap up, no where to go, so don't know what gets into his head :lol:
he did same thing in nans garden earlier in year behind plant pot then boom a leaping bunny :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: His world comes to a sudden end - lucky he's not a flat earther with the risk of falling off the edge!:lol:
Actually that's quite fascinating re rabbit perception.

Benjie obsessively seeks "pseudoburrows" long narrow spaces he can run through/& hide in. Took me ages to realise he wan't being naughty trying to go behind the computer table & proceed to chew through the wires. He'd found a potential "burrow". He's so determined he waits 'till I go to the loo without shutting the door properly, & can overcome any obstruction with alarming alacrity.

Biffy follows me to the toilet. :lol:
I'll shut the door and he'll be there already, staring at me.
I'm not sure why, but he likes noseying in the bathroom.

Does it count if one rabbit instinctively knows where he isn't allowed and then obsessively tries to get in that place? How does he even know it's forbidden land? !

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Biffy follows me to the toilet. :lol:
I'll shut the door and he'll be there already, staring at me.
I'm not sure why, but he likes noseying in the bathroom.

Wild rabbits make communal poop mounds to mark the warren territory. Some of them treat the bathroom the same way - "communal poop mound" for the family = warren.
Thumper used to do a quick tour of the bathroom, leave 1 poop behind the loo & run out again whenever I used the bathroom. ;)

Wild rabbits make communal poop mounds to mark the warren territory. Some of them treat the bathroom the same way - "communal poop mound" for the family = warren.
Thumper used to do a quick tour of the bathroom, leave 1 poop behind the loo & run out again whenever I used the bathroom. ;)

We had a rabbit when I was a child who had a litter tray by the loo because he'd learnt to wee and poo there, he slipped a disc soon after he learnt that though and couldn't get up the stairs to do it anymore :(

My two do the knowing exactly where they aren't allowed to go thing :lol: it's the living room door that gets them excited! Anyone who has it open and is standing by it has bunnies going through their legs, except if it's me, they know not to mess with me :p I'm the food bringer, they wouldn't want that to stop!

I don't think mine have any really odd habits, just standard bunny ones really... Lilly nips my housemate, and only that housemate, if he stands by the forbidden living room door and doesn't open it, don't know why just him! Lilly also falls asleep whilst sitting really upright, eyes closed some of the time, that freaked my housemate out the other day when she saw her doing it! Mine are forever periscoping sometimes too, even if they're not looking at places to jump on, strange buns!

When Poppy gets a bit excited she runs rings around us and does little poos! She also loves to groom her best cuddly toy (basil brush!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

do any of your rabbits have strange habits?

sox has ever since we got him whenever he goes into corner of room he will just leap up, no where to go, so don't know what gets into his head :lol:
he did same thing in nans garden earlier in year behind plant pot then boom a leaping bunny :lol:

What colour is the wall? My two show no interest in the TV what so ever but when we turn a DVD off and it goes to a blue screen both buns with try and climb through it.

I think Kizzy has OCD.

Now I know I shouldn't but I don't tend to take my shoes off as I come through the door after work. Instead I get a coffee, flop down on the sofa and kick my shoes off. Kizzy will march over and pick them up and throw them at me. Always at me never in a different direction. Woe betide I should throw my coat over the banister rather than hang it up properly. She will pull at it or try to flick it out the way, and if that doesn't work she will thump until someone hangs it up properly. Last week she whacked me in the ankle with an umbrella. Luckily it was a micro umbrella, I had put my handbag down on the coffee table and it fell over, I hadn't noticed that my brolly had fallen on the floor until she hit me with it!!

Toys she just ignores but they can be on the floor anywhere and she won't bother with them except an odd nudge, hay of course can be scattered far and wide but human items should never impede her progress around the room and clearly she think the only way I'll learn this to hit me with the offending item.

When I feed Ren and Jaffa spring greens Jaffa always get his bit in his mouth and then runs in a circle round the room before eating it.

Only greens though, no other food!

What colour is the wall? My two show no interest in the TV what so ever but when we turn a DVD off and it goes to a blue screen both buns with try and climb through it.

I think Kizzy has OCD.

Now I know I shouldn't but I don't tend to take my shoes off as I come through the door after work. Instead I get a coffee, flop down on the sofa and kick my shoes off. Kizzy will march over and pick them up and throw them at me. Always at me never in a different direction. Woe betide I should throw my coat over the banister rather than hang it up properly. She will pull at it or try to flick it out the way, and if that doesn't work she will thump until someone hangs it up properly. Last week she whacked me in the ankle with an umbrella. Luckily it was a micro umbrella, I had put my handbag down on the coffee table and it fell over, I hadn't noticed that my brolly had fallen on the floor until she hit me with it!!

Toys she just ignores but they can be on the floor anywhere and she won't bother with them except an odd nudge, hay of course can be scattered far and wide but human items should never impede her progress around the room and clearly she think the only way I'll learn this to hit me with the offending item.

it's just cream, he Is bazaar that he will do the same in nans garden by plant pot and fences and shed :lol:

bisc has to have the water moving before he will drink it. this is because sir does not like a wet chin. :roll: he shakes the bowl with his teeth so it all moves around. :shock::lol:

makes me think how funny it was to see matt. he just shoved his head in the bowl, came out with a dripping wet chin. :lol: and bisc was horrified. :lol:

Maybe he thinks he's a 'rabbit-in-the-box' and when the space runs out it's time to pop up! That's pretty cute. :)

bisc has to have the water moving before he will drink it. this is because sir does not like a wet chin. :roll: he shakes the bowl with his teeth so it all moves around. :shock::lol:

makes me think how funny it was to see matt. he just shoved his head in the bowl, came out with a dripping wet chin. :lol: and bisc was horrified. :lol:

:lol: after breakfast ther 7 pellets each mine have to wash them all down but the water must be fresh overwise they aren't very happy

Back