• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Some animals are adorable when they're wet

steph182

Wise Old Thumper
But some, like Barley, are not!

946060_10151997680810502_504545495_n.jpg

(He loved his bath, though)

Just a bit! He DEMANDS a bath :shock: He starts screaming at me and fluffs himself up and will stick his head in his water bowl if I'm not quick enough to get his spray bottle. I normally only spray water over the top of him, but he hung on to the bars and got his belly in the way :lol:

Willow on the other hand, will not be sprayed in her cage and has to come in the shower with you for her baths :roll:

He is splendid, wet or not! :love:

I don't know much about pet birds, but like to see photos of them. Didn't even know that they needed or liked baths.

:shock: I would freak if a bird got in the shower with me, would be amusing to see though :D

Willow sits on your head :lol: Or on the side of the bath. It's adorable (and annoying). Barley won't come out of his cage yet :( Been trying but he's never come out of it before, his last owners left the doors open all the time and he still never came out.

Willow sits on your head :lol: Or on the side of the bath. It's adorable (and annoying). Barley won't come out of his cage yet :( Been trying but he's never come out of it before, his last owners left the doors open all the time and he still never came out.

It does sound super adorable but birds scare me :(
Awww maybe he just likes it in his cage bless him.. What is he like if you take him out of his cage?

It does sound super adorable but birds scare me :(
Awww maybe he just likes it in his cage bless him.. What is he like if you take him out of his cage?

He isn't hand tame so picking him up would be stressful for him and painful for me :lol: I'm hoping he'll come around. I haven't had him long and he does like me because he shouts at me if I leave the room and begs me for baths! :lol: Apparently the species in general are a bit tricky as pets but hopefully he'll come around.

What species is he steph, I don't think I've ever seen one of whatever he is. :lol:

Our birdies don't do much flying around when they're out their cage, they prefer to slide down the bars, climb back up then slide down again. Silly bogies!

What species is he steph, I don't think I've ever seen one of whatever he is. :lol:

Our birdies don't do much flying around when they're out their cage, they prefer to slide down the bars, climb back up then slide down again. Silly bogies!

He's an Opaline Red Rumped Parakeet. I hadn't seen one of him before either, but my mam saw a pair in a pet shop not long ago so I guess he came from there... Never seen them anywhere else. He's so pretty :love: Especially now he's clean, he was a bit grubby when I got him. But regular baths and moulting and he's all lovely :D
Willow flies a bit. She comes out, circles the room and then eats or sleeps. She slides down the bars of her cage too :lol: But she'll sit with me and generally try to break whatever I'm doing!

He isn't hand tame so picking him up would be stressful for him and painful for me :lol: I'm hoping he'll come around. I haven't had him long and he does like me because he shouts at me if I leave the room and begs me for baths! :lol: Apparently the species in general are a bit tricky as pets but hopefully he'll come around.

I'm sure he will come round soon :) and he will be sharing a shower with you in no time x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Back