• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Flopsy is having a dental + bloods UD- not good news :(

Jackaroonie

Mama Doe
On Saturday we took Flopsy in to see J as the past few weeks Flopsy's eating has really slowed up (in the time Lily can eat 5 pellets - Flopsy can only eat one) I do feed Flopsy his pellets separately but for him to eat an egg cup full it takes between - 10-15 minutes whereas the other buns would be able to demolish that amount in about 2 minutes! Obviously I knew he needed a dental but we thought we would get him checked over to make sure he's fit enough for the GA first.

I feel really bad not taking him in sooner , he hasn't stopped eating at all - he's always hungry. If he wasn't on twice daily metacam he would of gave up eating a long time ago. He just looks so uncomfortable I really want these nasty spurs burred down and hopefully he will be as bright as rein again. Only issue is that we think Flopsy's kidneys may have worsened - he's lost weight and he's pooping and weeing outside in the run although this could just be down to his arthritis or could be his kidneys instead.

We are hoping his weight loss is just down to his teeth however we are getting bloods done whilst he's under GA so we can see how his renal functioning is. For those who don't know - Flopsy was diagnosed with kidney disease back in May this year following a blood test for excessive drinking , weight loss ect. He's been on fortekor since so it'll be interesting to see the results 6 months later.

I'm so worried :( Flopsy isn't a healthy bun and at nearly 7 years old the anesthetics are getting riskier. I'm just hoping after he's had the dental he will be able to get back to normal. However we will have to await the blood results to know what step to next take.

Last edited:
Many vibes for Flopsy xxxx
Mimzy has been a head tilt bunny for a year and a half now, in that time I think he's had three dentals. He is also about seven years old. I was very worried for him going under GA but he's done well each time and I don't consider him to be in the best of health.
I hope all will be well with Flopsy's dental and bloods. Thinking of you. xxxx

Flopsy's procedure went well today - mum says he's eaten a pellet so hopefully he'll be as bright as rein tomorrow! I'm so relieved that all has gone ok with the GA and dental.

Bloods will be back Thursday most likely so have a little while to wait to see how his kidneys are. Thank you all for the vibes and wishes. I can't wait to get home and give him a fuss!

I missed this yesterday.

Glad all went well today. At least you know Flopsy is in good hands with JC.

I hope tomorrow goes well and that flopsy will be okay. It must be a really stressful time for you. Iv watched all your you tube videos so know how much your buns mean to you . Best of luck and big hugs to flopsy :)

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Tapatalk 2

Sorry I didn't realize this was from yesterday. I'm glad all went well today :)

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Tapatalk 2

Thank you everyone for the vibes and get well wishes. Fortunately Flopsy seems 'ok' and eating normally which is great however we got the bloods back today and the news isn't so good :(.

Fortunately Flopsy's kidneys haven't changed or deteriorated since being on the fortekor for his kidney disease but unfortunately there's something really quite wrong with his liver. I asked J what the prognosis is and he says without a biopsy we can't really find out and J thinks it's best to not preform a biopsy. We are going to see how he does on Milk thistle extract for a week and then go from there. I have no experience in liver issues so any advice will be great.

Sorry mods I've just typed this in the report button before realising :oops:

Back