• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fox deterrents

marchi1990

Mama Doe
Does anybody have any kind of fox deterrent that they find particularly useful?

I'm looking for anything that is good at keeping them away and is safe for bunnies to be around

:thumb:

I use scoot fox repellent, it's a powder you mix with water and sprinkle round the garden. There are mixed reviews online but I notice a real difference when I use it (I have a reliable fox detector in marbles as she always wakes me up with her thumping when there's a fox in the garden!). I can always hear them a couple of gardens down but touch wood they haven't come into ours since I started using scoot. I normally redo it every couple of months or so.

The sonic things are supposed to be good but they're expensive so I wanted to try scoot first.

I use scoot fox repellent, it's a powder you mix with water and sprinkle round the garden. There are mixed reviews online but I notice a real difference when I use it (I have a reliable fox detector in marbles as she always wakes me up with her thumping when there's a fox in the garden!). I can always hear them a couple of gardens down but touch wood they haven't come into ours since I started using scoot. I normally redo it every couple of months or so.

The sonic things are supposed to be good but they're expensive so I wanted to try scoot first.

Thank you thank you!! This is worth a go and I will try it as soon as I can get hold of it :thumb:

There's only one garden centre I know of in Devon that sells it so it's quite hard to get hold of but they sell it on amazon and delivery is normally quite quick.

I haven't seen any foxes since using the Fox Watch, but I didn't have a fox problem to begin with, so I can't tell you how well it works! My first one broke, but the company were very helpful and replaced it straight away. I'd recommend them.

It depends on the size of your garden. a big garden is more difficult to manage. I have fencing all round my garden then I fix willow trellis on top and this keeps us cat-free so I guess it would work for foxes too.

I have a fox watch and a nite guard. Haven't seen Mr fox since I started using it, so I presume it is working.

We have 6 foxwatches and three electric 'lines' fixed to the aviary fence; two down low and one higher - we also use a full electric fence in the Dec to March period when foxes are most likely.

The rabbits are also in foxproof meshed and floored chalets inside a 7-8ft aviary style fence around the whole thing.

Back