• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Welfare hutches pipe connectors

Looks like it could be as they state it fits other 6" pipes on the market which could be pointing at Runnaround without saying as Runnaround are the only other system I have found :?

http://www.welfarehutches.co.uk/-Pipe_Connectors/cat1466126_2174504.aspx

are these the same as runaround (just a lot cheaper) or is there a catch...?
It seems you have to buy a pipe and a connector kit. Is that it?

Looks a bit fishy to me why they are so cheap....

Thanks x

They are cheaper for two reasons - 1) wood is cheaper to make things from than perspex and 2) i think the guy has smaller profit margins.

The pipe used in this is the same corregated single-skinned perforated drainage pipe that runaround use (btw you can only get the pipe in 50m or larger lengths if you try to source it yourself).

Heres what i put about them on another thread (im typing on my phone and feeling a little lazy if im honest):
Having seen these for myself (I saw some prototypes a couple of weeks ago) and having a bought a runaround connection kit earlier in the summer, these Welfare Hutches ones are a lot, lot better - both in the strength with which the pipe connects and the ease of use. I also think its nice that they can be painted to match your own hutch and run colours and that they are far more affordable.

Whilst it has some similarity to the runaround, in that its the same concept of pipes and tunnels to create a more natural and fulfilling life for rabbits and it uses the same single skin, perforated, corrugated, drainage pipe (which if you brought it for its intended use comes in a minimum of 50meter lengths), it is however very different in the way the pipes connect. This different way of connecting the pipes makes his kits not only easier to use but, in my opinion (from comparing my runaround kit to his prototypes) a 100x more secure at the point of connection. Also because of the pipe used, it is compatible with runaround, so you can use it to extend your existing runaround kits. However his designs have in my opinion far exceeded the standard of runaround and the added competition to the market will hopefully result in runaround improving their products and prices too, which can only be a good thing.
Original thread here: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/s...new-pipe-connectors-etc&p=6142582#post6142582

Sorry to bring this up again but very soon we will be ordering a shed and I was looking at these to attach my shed to my run. I was very confused however whether I should get the cladding or the mesh connector, and why only three connector plates are included when surely you need 4..:?..(and 8 screws:?). Where would you get the wooden boards to attach the pipe to the run? :?

And why it says fits 6" pipes and the ones on the web are 5.5".........???

Sorry if i'm being dumb:oops: but i've been looking for about 10 minutes and I still can't make sense of it..

Thanks x

I have had a look at this and you would need two connector kits, one for each end as one end requires 3 connector plates (One Board and two clamps) as for the pipes it would make sense to get them as part of the whole installation.

If you are unsure I would get in contact with Nick at The Welfare Hutch Co, I have dealt with them and he is very helpful and replies to mails quickly.

Paul

These look fantastic :) my hutch to run doorway is going to need replacing in the summer but the runaround systems are a bit too pricey for me.

Thanks for bringing it up again, I missed it the first time!

Sorry to bring this up again but very soon we will be ordering a shed and I was looking at these to attach my shed to my run. I was very confused however whether I should get the cladding or the mesh connector, and why only three connector plates are included when surely you need 4..:?..(and 8 screws:?). Where would you get the wooden boards to attach the pipe to the run? :?

And why it says fits 6" pipes and the ones on the web are 5.5".........???

Sorry if i'm being dumb:oops: but i've been looking for about 10 minutes and I still can't make sense of it..

Thanks x

Size wise the pipe is 160mm (6inches), it is definately, 100% the same as a runaround pipe - off the top of my head i think runaroud say its 5.5" but i think thats the inner narrowest point of the corregation rather than the true pipe size.

With regards to sourcing the type of piping, unless you want to buy 50meters, you can only get it from runaround (they add £10-20 delivery an order) or welfare hutches (i think his delivery is £10 an order) - its cheapest from welfare hutches, especially if you are getting the connectors from there.

http://www.welfarehutches.co.uk/Pipe_connector_kit/p1466125_11157725.aspx - This is what you would need, just use the drop down boxes. If youre in any doubt just give him a call. His customer service is top notch.

Just to let everyone know I ordered and installed the Welfare Hutch pipe connector kit. I got a mesh door, a cladding door and 8ft of pipe. It was easy to install and works a treat. The buns were quite happy going through the pipe straight away which I was suprised about. All looks solid and safe :)

Just to let everyone know I ordered and installed the Welfare Hutch pipe connector kit. I got a mesh door, a cladding door and 8ft of pipe. It was easy to install and works a treat. The buns were quite happy going through the pipe straight away which I was suprised about. All looks solid and safe :)

Great to hear. I want to get one of these when I have saved enough to upgrade.

Back