• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

breed for house bun ?

Newzealandwhites

Alpha Buck
I know it all depends on personality but would you go for a French lop or a mini lop as a house bun, with own run in house and free roam in sitting room and kitchen, Its to be a friend for my lionhead ? thinking about size, heat in house, etc, thanks

My Spenser is quite a big rabbit - at 3kg he is twice the size of most mini-lops. We didn't plan that he would be a housebun but he has adpated very well to living in what used to be known as my bedroom but is now 'Spenser's Room'. :lol: I think size would be more of an issue if the rabbit was to be confined to a cage for any length of time, but although Spenser has a dog-crate we don't shut him in. At first he was shut in overnight and if we were out, but this distressed him so we made the room wire-free and gave him free range.

In my opinion and experience, size and breed is not really a major factor in their personalities. Every bunny is so individual, be it down to their up bringing or just their personalities.

I've had eight of my own bunnies and cared for over three hundred in the past 11 years of caring for other people's bunnies.

Every single one is so different and such a joy to know and understand.

Back