• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

help needed want another bunny

janetmarley

Young Bun
some help needed I have two lovely bunny's thumper a male dwarf lop and pepper a female dwarf lop both have been neuterer / spayed
my hubby is in the process of building a new hut for them instead of their hutch so i am now looking for a new friend for them but don't know whether to stick with dwarf lop or get another breed would it make a difference or is it better to stay with same breed :?

The breed doesn't matter, it's the personality of the new rabbit and whether he/she will fit in. You would have to bond the 3 in a neutral area where they haven't been before and also, if you go ahead, you run the risk of breaking the bond of your existing pair. There is a Sticky at the top of the Behaviour Section regarding trios which you may find helpful.

Thank you for your reply and don't think adding a 3rd would be good idea would another pair work if not then I'll just stick with my two bunnies

Do you mean a separate pair, in which case yes, preferably a male and female. Both neutered. It isn't impossible to add another bun to your existing pair but it will be stressful for both them and you. And it might not work.

So do you think it would it be better to get another bonded pair to go with our existing pair and the four could share the one hut and run

Back