• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

advice please, so annoyed!

moi

Mama Doe
For those that don't know the story I got a new bun off a extended family member, normally I'd have said no as I already have 4 but the girl has an incurable illness and I didn't want her or the bun to suffer anymore than nessasary. Anyhow when I took bun to get vaccinated they thought he had a ascess under his chin. They operated and it was a cyst. While he was under they phoned and said they could removed it but would be an extra £80 ontop of the 107 I was paying. Being within 14 days obviousky its not covered by insurance so I said if it was drained we'd leave it for now. I've just looked at his chin and the cyst is HUGE! If they'd have said how big it was I'd have paid the extra, and now I'm prob gonna have to pay even more as its gonna be a whole new op (not already being under like before) and prob won't be covered by insurance as its an exsisting problem :(

And to top it off he's now VERY agressive, when I picked him up to check he struggled so much I'm now scratched to hell. I've never had that much struggling before and feel gutted. I have 2 other buns that don't like being held but this new bun went mental :(

I'm sorry things have not gone well with your new bunny. I agree with tonibun, your he must be feeling very sore and uncomfortable at the moment.

What post op care have they advised? is he on painrelief? and are you/they certain that it is a cyst? is it possible for you to post a picture?

I'm sorry things have not gone well with your new bunny. I agree with tonibun, your he must be feeling very sore and uncomfortable at the moment.

What post op care have they advised? is he on painrelief? and are you/they certain that it is a cyst? is it possible for you to post a picture?

Its definatly a cyst, they opened him up and had a look. Ill try and get a pic x

ok but that could be any thing if she is going to die soon ok but sister has me its incurable, my dad has blood cancer its incurable, both are still fine

could I ask why you wont say to the other person, I would unless to be honest they were chronically ill,

She has an incurable condition that means she gets tumours. She is going blind in one eye and has a tumour on her brain that cannot be removed x

Just gonna pop on pics x

Before op

straight after op (2 days ago)

Today

The second pic I managed to get very briefy before he moved, I didnt realise how big until today when I got a proper look. Am I right to be annoyed with the vet or is it my fault for not asking how big the cyst was when they called? I feel annoyed with myself and them x

Am I right to be annoyed with the vet or is it my fault for not asking how big the cyst was when they called? I feel annoyed with myself and them x

I think it would be really difficult to predict how a cyst would change. There's no value in feeling annoyed with either vets or yourself as there probably wasn't a right or wrong decision at the time - it's only now it's obvious that the other course of action was the right one.

Poor bun, I hope it's easily sorted and he feels less grumpy soon.

I don't think there is any point, now, in going over what the vet said and what you should have done.

That is a huge cyst and I would 'bite the bullet' and have it removed.

I think it would be really difficult to predict how a cyst would change. There's no value in feeling annoyed with either vets or yourself as there probably wasn't a right or wrong decision at the time - it's only now it's obvious that the other course of action was the right one.

Poor bun, I hope it's easily sorted and he feels less grumpy soon.

Thank you. Live and learn hey. Im prob more annoyed with myself and looking for someone to take it out on in my mood. Does anyone know roughly how much an op to remove it would be?? Yay for the good ol overdraft :) Bit worried about bun also as hes clearly annoyed x

I agree with the other's, I'm sure we've all been there with our bunnies and with hindsight wished we'd done things differently - I know I have. Poor little man, it does look nasty, no wonder he's feeling so grumpy. The best thing to do now is move on, and just try and get it sorted out for him.

As for cost, it's difficult to tell as different Vets vary so much. Do they know he isn't insured? perhaps if you explain it to the Vet they could do some kind of payment plan for him.

Good luck! x

I agree with the other's, I'm sure we've all been there with our bunnies and with hindsight wished we'd done things differently - I know I have. Poor little man, it does look nasty, no wonder he's feeling so grumpy. The best thing to do now is move on, and just try and get it sorted out for him.

As for cost, it's difficult to tell as different Vets vary so much. Do they know he isn't insured? perhaps if you explain it to the Vet they could do some kind of payment plan for him.

Good luck! x

They don't do payment plans :(

Is there any way I could get the insurance to cover it once the 14 days is up? X

Back