• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

This pen for guinea pigs??

Summer&Skye

Mama Doe
EFEBA38E-C846-466C-9487-14D0B495AFAB-5901-000006930A437A2C_zpsf5caf173.jpg

I'm asking for a friend who's after a play pen/run for guinea pigs, but I know there have been some issues with the size of the gaps in these for rabbits so would it just be a no no for guineas? They wouldn't be left completely unsupervised in it, there'd always be someone around. They need something that's easy to fold up and put back up but is also solid and secure as there's lots of children in their house! Thanks :)

The gaps a quite big which is why rabbits get stuck my sister has one but used cable ties on the corners and joins so that the gaps were ok.

If they do this then can't see there being a problem but wouldn't trust it without :)

I have them for my rabbits and guineas and they are fine. Just watch babies as we had one get out.

Last edited:
Apart from the pen being proven unsafe for rabbits, I am never happy with metal runs as they aren't as secure as wooden ones and I wouldn't like to have to be outside supervising them all the time they were in it.

Seems like not a popular choice!! For the moment they need something to use indoors as the guineas r indoors but obviously in Summer they will go out in a run. I will find something!! Thanks for your opinions :wave:

Oh.. I have one but I have hardly used it for the rabbit as it seemed really flimsy and as though she could get out easily (I didnt know that rabbits had their heads stuck). I tried using it indoors with my guinea pigs and they just got out very quickly! Fortunately it was indoors so not too much of an issue but it was a bit scary with piggies running all over the ground floor of the house and a toddler and dog trying to "help" ...

Sorry :( I think a wooden fold up run is more secure for piggies.

Back