• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Calling people with 'bunny cams'

marchi1990

Mama Doe
I am thinking about buying one for Woody's shed but have no idea where to start.

Do you have links to what you bought?

:thumb:

we have a Y-Cam it has proved really worth while, my wife bev can keep a eye on dash when she is at work.
it cost around £70 on ebay and the night vision is worth all the money.

les

we have a Y-Cam it has proved really worth while, my wife bev can keep a eye on dash when she is at work.
it cost around £70 on ebay and the night vision is worth all the money.

les

That's sounds good - do you have a link? I like the idea of being able to see him whilst at work - is it hard to setup?

Cool, if you have an iOS device I'd recommend D-Link, they have iOS apps which make viewing it when away from home much easier.

I really want a bunny cam but no internet or electric in the shed. Is there anything I could get? (sorry to jump in).

I really want a bunny cam but no internet or electric in the shed. Is there anything I could get? (sorry to jump in).

I haven't tried it but I think a CCTV one would be better but you likely wont be able to access it online when away from home.

Ours is the 'easyn fs-613a' apparently - rotating doodaa so we can spy on both the rabbits and guinea pigs, night vision, wifi etc and retails around £35. :thumb:

re: electrics in the shed... Karl bought an external grade socket which is attached to the shed wall, w/some wire which is routed through the utility window (literally - through the frame)

Ours is the 'easyn fs-613a' apparently - rotating doodaa so we can spy on both the rabbits and guinea pigs, night vision, wifi etc and retails around £35. :thumb:

re: electrics in the shed... Karl bought an external grade socket which is attached to the shed wall, w/some wire which is routed through the utility window (literally - through the frame)

Thank you - I will check it out :thumb:

Whichever one you go for I would check it has WPS. This makes it much, much easier to setup. It allows you to press a button on your router (or go into the router setting with your computer) and then you press a button on the camera and after a minute or two they should be connected. Then for the Dlink one you run a setup wizard and connect it to a free MyDLink address. Then you can log in with the browser on a computer or with the apps and view the picture.

We have this one. It is more expensive than some but it does have night vision and you can move the camera around to where you want to see and you can even do it from your mobile. I often check in to see what is going on from my mobile. You can also zoom in but it is not too clear if you zoom in.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/TL-SC4171G-...1385893336&sr=1-2-catcorr&keywords=TL-SC4171G

ETA - you do need a static IP to be able to see from outside of your own house. Not all ISP providers will give you one so we set something up via no-ip (a website)

Back