• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Has anyone elses bun had a cyst????

Yes, Morse has had several. If they are just drained they often fill up again very quickly and they keep getting bigger. My Vet removes the entire cyst and also sends off samples for histology to make sure they are just cystic and nothing 'nasty'.

Yes prudence had one in her dewlap. It was drained the first time and removed the second time with fluid samples sent off. It never came back again :)

When the vets had said they drained it I didnt realise the cyst was as big as it was, if Id have known that id have had it removed there and then. Oh well live and learn. Shall see how he goes but if it fills again I shall get it removed. As I had only just got him he wasnt covered by insurance... ouch!

Ive just gone back to check Prudence's cyst thread and I got it wrong. She actually had the whole thing removed and THEN it refilled with fluid. It was drained of and never returned. the cyst itself was huge. That was many years ago now. She has had blood tests since that show she has a weakened immune system but is still going at 8.5 years :D

Back