• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Update on domino aka miss moody pants

Domino27

Mama Doe
Well went to pick her up this evening. Had a look at the itemised billing, seems she did have an x-ray. I'm sure if something did show up on that then they would've told me this afternoon. She's been put on baytril and prednicare tablets. She's eaten about 1/2 pack of mint leaves and some broccoli at the moment, not interested in hay at all or pellets. Syringe feeding I think later on but at least she's eaten something which is better than nothing! Having a snooze now she's all warm and cozy in the empty spare room with her husbun, who has gone bonkers over the amount of tasty treats available (made sure she was given an hour to herself to eat so he didn't eat it all).

In between giving me the evils across the room she is running about and doing, albeit small, golden poops. She feels a bit heavier too today so all good. I just hope it's an infection as her white blood count was very low with high liver enzymes in her blood.

oh wait, shes accepting one pellet at a time if I hand feed her.... *sigh*

Thanks guys! She's not eaten all night :-\ gobbled up her baytril this morn, gave her some fiberplex too to help and I managed to get about 4 sticks of mint down here plus syringed some water in her before I had to go to work. She did Mich on a bit of parsley on her own but :-\ feeling sorry for herself I think coz she's not had any surgery done and not in any pain, just had GA....

How is Domino doing now?

She's not 100%, not eating hay but is eating vegetables and the odd lot of pellets when she feels like it. She doesn't move about a lot but she is feeling heavier and less boney. She is NOT liking the taste of baytril now but still has it and I give her some fiberplex afterwards to help, she loves that!

Back