• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A bunny proofed Xmas ;)

luna

Mama Doe
I know, I know ... it's very early to be having our Xmas decorations up but I was so excited I couldn't hold off any longer ... oops !!!

Because of the bunnies we have decided not to have a big tree as we feel it's easier to bunny proof a little one and we also don't want the presents to get destroyed so we keep them contained in a box. Normally we use a water hyacinth basket but the bunnies ate last year's one so I have decided to use an Ikea toy box instead. It does the trick.

Anyway hope you like,I just wanted to show how easy it can be do do Xmas and also keep everything intact and everyone safe ;)

a6ypavy5.jpg

yraqunaj.jpg

A decoration for the bunnies enclosure :)

e6y3e5ab.jpg

nyjeta3e.jpg

Oh and a couple featuring Bobby and Rosie when they first saw the tree ...

azyha7az.jpg

abanuhej.jpg

aqu7u7e9.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
That looks absolutly lovely - and has given me a bit of food for thought!

However I do know that at least 2 of our buns would end up on top of the pile of pressies! :roll::lol:

I am so uncreative though - will probably end up with a piece a tinsel stuck to the ceiling :lol:

Aww that looks gorgeous :love:

I can't wait to decorate, I can't have a tree though because I just know that mine would find a way to destroy it :roll:

Our tree has been up nearly a week! :D I love Christmas :love:

Us too ...they are up since Sunday !!! I'm guilty of taking them down prematurely though. Once Xmas day is over and the presents are unwrapped I don't think the tree looks right anymore. Oops :/

Thanks fellie and gemmapookie for the lovely comments xx

looks lovely :love: my sox would spring up at the tree, has has a strange habit of just springing up in corner of rooms so I could see him doing that :lol:

That looks lovely. Cant wait to put ours up.

Anyone with indoor rabbits could always put the tree in to a puppy pen!!!

That looks lovely. Cant wait to put ours up.

Anyone with indoor rabbits could always put the tree in to a puppy pen!!!

It looks lovely :love:

I had my tree blocked off with an aviary panel one year :shock:

(RIP Zoe and Jessica my original house bunnies - who started it all :love:)

That looks so stylish and lovely! And I love the picture of your rabbits lounging around on the rug :love:

We put the tree in a playpen the year our labrador was a puppy.

x

Looks lovely :love:

My tree lights are wireless so very bunny safe! :p plus I have a fake tree so I only need to make sure I don't hang choccies too low and my tree is bunny proof! Of course this year no bun will be seeing the tree and I won't put choccies on at all since my parents dog will be here but the planning was there! :lol:

That looks so lovely :)

We're getting a 4ft tree to put on a table rather than a 6ft hehe, does that mean we're fully ruled by the bunny just one month of ownership in?! Lights are hopefully g

That looks so lovely :)

We're getting a 4ft tree to put on a table rather than a 6ft hehe, does that mean we're fully ruled by the bunny just one month of ownership in?! Lights are hopefully going to be wireless.

We should all post our bunny proof trees!

Our poppy isn't fussed but I know if we had it on the floor she'd be having a field day! Also the cable has been wrapped in bubble wrap (she's a wire chewer lol)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aww thanks everyone. I'm glad my dinky little tree has got the RU seal of approval ;)

Back