• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Don't feed your rabbits carrots, feed them to your dog!

Georgeypudding

Wise Old Thumper
Nom nom nom
1471347_10152421101475558_1465833245_n.jpg

:lol::love:

my buns don't have no carrots anymore, never thought id manage to get mabel off her tiny carrot a night, but was wasting money as fed so little, and sox cant have them, so no carrots for our buns here

i always feed carrots to my dog Frezno :) great for their teeth! and when i give my bunnies and piggies veg he just sits their and drools until he gets a carrot or cabbage or even kale! :)

Derek loves carrots, he often steals them out of the hutch before I've had a chance to shut the door.:lol:

I should really see if my vet will allow Jenna a baby carrot once in awhile. She is profoundly difficult to get a toothbrushing done on and her breath is abysmal. Seems to me this would go down a treat and make those ninja kisses she gets in on me a bit more pleasant.

Dotty is :love: :)

I didn't think Dotty would ever eat healthy food :)lol:) but I dropped a whole carrot one day and before I managed to pick it up Dotty stole it and ran off with it :lol: she always gets the tops of the carrots now if not a whole one :love: she also likes peas and apples :roll::)

I have been buying the carrots with tops so the bunnies get the greens and the dogs get the carrots :D I also have a dog with teeth problems and carrots r a healthy alternative to all the 'dental' treats and chews u can buy :thumb:

Dotty can eat those dental treats in two bites :roll: I might see if she'll eat frozen carrot when the weather picks up again!

Awh that's cute, mum and dad's new pup is appalling at eating (he'd rather play or have cuddles!) I wonder if he's have the odd carrot though?!

Our old dog, Bernie, LOVED broccoli stalks, the neighbours used to throw them over the fence for him too, so we'd let him in the garden and he'd come in and proudly show us all what he'd found before eating it :lol:

Brill :thumb::love:

Our old Prince used to steal carrots form the outside veg box :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

A vet told my dad to freeze carrots for his puppy when she was teething as it can help relieve the pain but is a nice healthy treat.

Dotty can eat those dental treats in two bites :roll: I might see if she'll eat frozen carrot when the weather picks up again!

I've been buying dentastix for the past 6yrs convinced I'm doing the right thing but they kept getting bits stick to their teeth so finally I've seen the light! I've started getting logic oryzone chews for my little dog as he's had 2 dentals now with teeth removed each time so I'm trying everything I can!

Back