• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Seen this rabbit before now for sale

Newzealandwhites

Alpha Buck
When I was looking for my REW, I saw some French lop rabbits, they were only babies and I nearly got one, :roll: but the state they were kept in was awful, they were kept in a garden with dirty water containers, and dog poo every where,:cry: the babies looked clean just decided not to get from there because of the conditions, She called herself a breeder but the state of the cages, I havn't seen anything like it, they looked like she hadn't cleaned them in weeks,:shock: there was no toys or fresh hay, or food, she had a fly killer ribbon tired to the outside of the cage that was covered in flies, probably attracted my the dirty conditions, :shock: She tried to sell me a REW French lop female that came from one of the dirty cages, :shock: Now this female was such a softy she even lay in the woman's arms like a baby I know not to do that and that it can hurt the rabbits, I like the rabbit felt sorry for the rabbit then but now its for sale on Preloved,:( I would dearly love to get her but I am probably not in the right place at the min, and I don't feel strong enough to advise the woman about the conditions her rabbits are kept in , Just a feel sad for this little one,:(

Don't know what to say but this is very sad. :( I have a special soft spot for any REW becuase my Spenser is a REW.

she is a lovely rabbit, I wish I had the spare hutch, but I don't know how long she has been uncared for and I am wary of the cost of she could involve, :(

Did you report the conditions?

I'd advise against getting the rabbit, that sort of situation breeds all sorts of diseases, some of which could put your own rabbits at risk.

Report her to the RSPCA instead, with the animals in situ and the conditions you describe they should be able to issue improvement notices at minimum.

Yes That is what my husband said to do, could you tell me would I be able to do it anonymously, as I don't want any hassel but I haven't stopped thinking about them since I went, also I can remember the address just know who she is on preloved, I didn't report at the time as I was shocked and unsure of what to do, Also would I be able to report on this woman I have bought off ebay that has the rabbits kept in a zoozone 1 at the same time,

Yes That is what my husband said to do, could you tell me would I be able to do it anonymously, as I don't want any hassel but I haven't stopped thinking about them since I went, also I can remember the address just know who she is on preloved, I didn't report at the time as I was shocked and unsure of what to do, Also would I be able to report on this woman I have bought off ebay that has the rabbits kept in a zoozone 1 at the same time,

Yes you can report anonymously, and I'm pretty sure you can report eBay sellers too but you'd just have to give the eBay details to the RSPCA if you don't know her address etc xx

I have phoned and reported the rabbit in the zoozone 1 as I felt sorry for it and there was no muscle on the back of its legs, so I felt it needed a mention also I have sent a message to the other to get address as they wont do any thing unless they have address. feel awful !

I hope the RSPCA do some thing even have a look, but from the way they were talking id doesn't seam likely, I keep a hamster in a zoozone 1 and even then feel its a bit cramped never mind a poor rabbit and aww the rabbit didn't have any muscles on the back of its legs, probably from the zoozone,

Do you mean the RSPCA didn't seem too concerned? :shock: Poor bunny, the conditions sound dire. I have heard of rescues been done of rabbits living in carriers. Really makes you wonder about people... :(

You've done what you can by reporting though, so well done. :thumb:

Back