• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Best thing to put in a digging tray?

Whitelighter

Warren Scout
So I have a 48 inch puppy cage (jeez it's a bit dominating in the living room) and my project for tomorrow is to 'bunnify' it.

I've already planned the multi levels but I've decided I'm going to make a raised floor so that I can recess a tray so Poppy can use it to dig naturally in. The only thing is I don't know what to fill it with. I don't want her to use it as a litter tray so what to put in it (assuming its a good idea in the first place).

I used sand for Lola's digging box, although I realise this could be messy in your living room :| I just made sure the sand was a little damp so its not dusty and doesn't irritate eyes :D it was a serious hit with Lola, she loved it so much she'd DBF in it and lay there ages, before getting up and digging again :lol:

Something like Aubiose or Woodchips? They won't know that it's a litter material if you don't put food nearby

I hate the crate in my living room - it is huge and ugly.......

I use straw for a digging box but it does get kicked everywhere. However Katie seems to really like it.
Thats a good idea to use a raised floor - I have not seen anyone else do that with an indoor set up!

Are you going to put correx or perspex round the sides of the crate - I highly recommend that or you will go spare constantly sweeping up hay and stray rabbit poos.

Back