• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Snugglesafe - are they really safe? are they worth it?

Confused_bun

Warren Scout
I have impulse bought a Snugglesafe off amazon for £9.67. But I'm not sure I actually want one. :? I'm debating whether or not to cancel the order.

There are some bad reviews that say about them bursting and I'm worried that my buns might bite it. Has anyone had this kind of experience?

Are they really any good? Do they stay warm overnight (outdoor buns)? Do your buns actually use them or just ignore them?

Please give me any thoughts you have on them good or bad. Thanks.

I only use them for poorly or single buns. My pairs/groups just ignored them as prefer to snuggle each other. But its definately something useful to have. My single bun (not spayed yet, hence not bonded) loves hers.

My guinea pigs love them aswell.

I've never had one split, nore have I had anyone bite one enough to damage it and I have pretty destructive bunnies. AFAIK the gel is supposed to be harmless even if they did bite through it.

They are wonderful things!

Yes there are some bad reviews but if you follow the instruction you will be fine. I've used loads as I used to work for a rescue and have hand reared kittens who always needed one. They are so simple to use and so I really don't get how the people leaving the review managed to screw it up so badly! :lol:

I have a few Snugglesafe heat pads. Never had a problem with them.

They really do keep warm for hours and hours outside. I take the fleece cover off and wrap them in newspaper, then put them under some hay in the nest boxes during the worst of the winter. If it is really cold, I use 2 together. Quite often they are still slightly warm the next morning. They are not hot hot for long - but they give out enough heat for long enough to make a difference.

My main issue is getting the hay out of the fleece covers - which is why I prefer to wrap them in newspaper. Bunnies can also chew the fleece so I have some with holes in - but no teeth marks on the actual pad. They are pretty tough and well worth £10.

Outdoors at freezing temperatures they are not very good, won't last very long. Not many rabbits will use them, most will just ignore them

Back