• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Should I be proud or annoyed?

*Funny*Bunny*

Warren Veteran
Whenever I clean the rabbit's litter tray Harvey sits next to me and washes me through-out (so much licking, either I'm extremely dirty, or he really loves me :p), then as soon as I'm finished, every time, he hops into the clean litter tray and does the BIGGEST wee ever!

Cleaning the litter tray takes 5-15 minutes, depending on how distracted I get with giving out head rubs or if some bun runs of with my dust pan and brush/newspaper etc, so he waits the whole time, needing a wee, holding it in, before hopping in and doing it when I say it's ok!

Now, I'm glad he's litter trained enough to hold it in and wait to go.... but seriously, does he have to ruin my beautifully clean and sparkly litter tray the second I've prepared it? Can he not leave it beautifully clean for just half an hour?!??!?!?!

:lol::lol::lol:

It could be worse though... My Thor has stopped this since he got his wifey bun but he always used to hop into a lovely fresh loo and scent mark it :shock: so it would actually smell much worse than before I'd cleaned the darn thing for an hour or so until the smell faded! :evil: :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

It could be worse though... My Thor has stopped this since he got his wifey bun but he always used to hop into a lovely fresh loo and scent mark it :shock: so it would actually smell much worse than before I'd cleaned the darn thing for an hour or so until the smell faded! :evil: :lol:

:shock: I don't think either of my bunnies know how to scent mark things luckily! They mark it with their chins (Lilly also likes to mark me with her chin :roll: I know who's in charge....) but that doesn't smell luckily, I checked their scent glands for cleanliness over Summer though, and oh wow, that is the worst smell I've ever smelt, it took days to get it out of my nose and of my hands!!! Naughty Thor spreading that smell around! Your poor nose!!

My cats do this :evil: they sit and watch me clean their litter tray, empty all the litter out, wipe the plastic etc and the minute a new liner and litter is in they're both pooping for England! Yesterday Isis didn't even wait for me to put the damn thing back in the corner she just started pooping whilst the litter tray was in the middle of the lounge! No shame!

My cats do this :evil: they sit and watch me clean their litter tray, empty all the litter out, wipe the plastic etc and the minute a new liner and litter is in they're both pooping for England! Yesterday Isis didn't even wait for me to put the damn thing back in the corner she just started pooping whilst the litter tray was in the middle of the lounge! No shame!

:lol:

Either they just like going in clean trays... or they just know that after all that effort it would be "hilarious" to wind us up!!!

I think my favourite toilet habit of Harvey's is when he's fast asleep under the dining table, suddenly wakes up looking shocked, sprints the 20+ feet to the loo, the fastest I ever see him run, and then jumps in his corner and wees for England, I just imagine him running going "no no no no no not yet, need to get to the toilet first aaaahhh I'm so bursting!" :lol:

Mottle and Peaches always wee in the tray as soon as its cleaned!

:lol: such intelligent (and naughty) animals!!!

I always get annoyed at first, he hops in and I just say "no no Harvey please, it's so clean and lovely, don't ruin it... I see that tail going up... please stop... please....oh nooooo!" :roll: then I after he's done it I remember how amazing it is that he knows how to wait and use it, he's perfectly litter trained :love: he's never ever done a wee outside his tray and neither has Lilly :D

My Harvey wees on the sofa. Right next to the litter tray (which is on the sofa to try to stop him weeing there, it's just great). Bunny swap? (Actually you can't have him, he's mine, smelly sofa and all!) :love:

Oh my goodness, that would drive me round the bend, what do they do if you clean it again?

I've had my kitten nearly 4 weeks and the minute he goes, it's outta there, I don't think it's ever remained in the tray more than 2 mins :lol: I literally know when he's due to go so I normally have my shoes on ready to take the rubbish out before he's even finished :lol:.

I think we see clean trays as a nice thing, they see it as 'why the hell would you clean that when I've spent so much time and effort getting it exactly as I like it' :lol:

Back