• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just need a moan (warning: poo talk)

icklepxy

Alpha Buck
Never in my life when I got these little bundles of light and joy did I think for a second that I would become so enthralled by evacuations.

Meg has a very delicate tummy, always has, and she tends to get a mucky bum. (I'm actually thinking about taking her in to have her teeth checked out, just waiting for the insurance to kick in, she's a happy hoppy floppy little madam so I don't think she's in any pain or distress). So we've just gone through the drama of a bunny botty bath (we have this down pat now) so I need a moan.

I find myself hunting around the room for stray ceacles (because when she doesn't eat them she leaves them all over the house). Checking the color, size, shape, consistency of the normal poos (and wondering if hers are really the littler ones or if Hugh produces the little ones and she produced the bigger ones. I doubt it she's the smaller rabbit but still). If there are stray ceacles are they hers? Or his? Is his urine sandy or is that just normal rabbit urine? Is her urine suddenly sandy? Are they producing enough? Less than usual? More? Are their herbs too high in calcium? Are the pellets upsetting her tum? or the readygrass? or the new hay I bought?

Being a fairly new mum (three years or so) I know I'm still learning, and we've come a LONG way in three years but I honestly wonder if I will have any sanity left at the end of the next three years.

And then they crawl in to my lap for coriander treats and the world is ok again :)

If you post a list of the exact diet you feed them (ie portion size, not just 'I feed some pellets' ) then maybe we can help suggest some dietary modification that may help with the excess cecals problem :)

Thank you Jane :)

They get lots and lots and lots of hay, and get reduced to just hay when her tum is playing up. A handful of readygrass in the evening when it's ok, and just less than an eggcup full of pellets every morning (it's difficult cos he's a bit bigger but she's greedy so she'll eat more than her share if they get any more than that. He needs to learn to eat faster :)). EDIT the pellets they get are the Excel adult ones. I can be more specific if you need me to be!

On top of that they get only herbs and usually only basil and coriander, less than a handful each in the evening or after they've had their nails done.

Any and all suggestions gratefully recieved!

Back