• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

ALL rabbits bite????

Persie

Warren Scout
This seems to be all I hear from "non-rabbit owners" :evil: they don't seem to believe me when I say Persie doesn't bite. The reply is always "ALL rabbits bite, he could turn at any time".

He may only be a baby at 7 months old but he has a fantastic nature, he licks, loves kisses and strokes but has never even came close to trying to bite me and I honestly don't think he ever will... he is very affectionate & soft. He used to have a go at my feet before he was neutered but this was more a sign of frustration than aggression, he would oink and circle my feet and sometimes have a little nibble at my slippers :lol:

Anyone else got bunnies that DON'T bite?

None of mine bite :lol: Not even Lola who charges into everyone/everything because of her eyesight, she just heatbutts.

Charlies only ever nipped me by mistake (chewing my clothes!) and Millys never bit me even though she hates me!

I got three non biters :lol: unless I leave my fingers where the treat should be :lol:

My sister has 5 none biters :D

Hugh doesn't bite. Even when we had to have Baytril and Metacam forcefed to him twice a day (he hated both passionately) when he was SERIOUSLY PO'd at me, the worst he ever did was nibble my trouser legs and snatch his treats away instead of taking them nicely. I don't think he has it him.

Meg on the other hand.....

My rabbits haven't bite me either, Archie the lion head, grunts and thumps Archie loves attention, and the REW just thumps and runs away the REW doesn't like a fuss,

Oh boy now thumping is a favourite hobby for my little rascal, he may not bite but he sure as hell won't hesitate to show he's annoyed by thumping his wee feets.

Recently he has started doing it in excitement too, he will run around super fast and thump his foot once in a while, even though there is clearly nothing wrong and he is just over-excited. I think he is confusing the meaning of the foot thump :lol:

Lets see Teasel was a little sod and bit everyone from me to the vet, her old bond mat. She was also the crankiest rabbit I ever owned and I can quite understand why she was up for rehoming after she sank her teeth through her previous owners hand. Never got to the bottom of her attitude but she mellowed after 8 when she settled with bad tempered honking.

Toffee never bit [giant pappilon/french lop] but he was a HUGE bunny and his warning mouths broke the skin. If he had ever biten it would have been a hospital job.

Pumpkin is the only one I currently have who is a biter- I think that is down to his poor eyesight so he treats anything that flicks as a possible threat to scare off fast. Once he realises he has just chomped the person who brings him food he goes all silly and friendly :roll:

All rabbits have the potential bite if their needs are not understood and their indivdual tempraments, likes and dislikes respected. All rabbit MAY biet, some rabbits do bite but most do not.

Neither of mine have ever given me anything even resembling a bite. Even when I think i might have annoyed them, Levi only waits about 2 seconds before Levi resumes Chief Licker duties :) I honestly don't think they will ever intentionally bite me :)

Nope, no biter here :lol: he's given my littlest a nibble before, only due to him trying to feed him a dandelion leaf through his run mesh and didn't let go in time :roll: he said it didn't hurt, just that he felt his teeth!

Lola bites clothes so occasionally catches the skin, especially when wearing trousers. If I don't have anything on my legs she knows the difference and doesn't do it, so she just likes to bite clothes :roll::lol:

She went through a funny patch when I first had her where she suddenly became scared of me, I tried to stroke her and she lunged and bit me then, but I realise she may have felt cornered so just reacted, she's been fine ever since!

Oh, and the occasional 'i'd really like to hump your arm' nip :lol::roll:

Harry never bit (uncastrated too) and Ludo has never bitten so far, even when in pain or being put in pet carrier (which he hates).

Only time I've ever been bitten was the time Cloud swiped the leaf I was holding just before Tifa sank her teeth in and she didn't realise. Never been bitten intentionally, even when I've put my fingers directly in their mouths checking their teeth!

I have only ever really been nipped and most of the time it's clearly my fault!! I mean come on how dare I wash the pots and not shower Monty bun with the love he deserves and how silly of me to be blocking Princess Daisy's path.... even though she could easily get threw on the otherside...

My cousin did have a bunny that use to try bite your bum if you walked past his hutch or try and bite your coat so he could pull you back lol

Looks like there's not much evidence to support your friend's theory. Is she perhaps getting confused between rabbits and Grizzly Bears? It's an easy mistake to make.

Back