• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Circling and humping - a step back :(

sparkyblue87

Young Bun
I have been re-bonding my two spayed females Fudge and Snowy for a week or so. They started in the bath, then to the bathroom floor, then onto their playroom (they are outdoor rabbits)

They have usually licked each other, flopped, binkied and ran around together. They have gone head to head and resulted in Fudge getting licked then Snowy nipping her underbelly.

Today they were playing and had flopped and led together with Snowy licking Fudge for a few minutes.

They later went head to head and Fudge humped Snowy. This resulted in circling and a bit of nipping till separated.

They then played again and Snowy licking Fudge.

I am getting a bit deflated as we appear to make progress and then they take a step back.

Any advice? Will they ever fully bond?

Yes, my 2 did a fair bit of that - stopping was very gradual and even now, though rarely, they do have their moments :)

My two are like that to only this morning they had a little chase if it does happen its in the morning when im there its clover trying to hump Buddy and she nips him and then he chases her they have been bonded 12 weeks now keep going so worth it in the end :)

Back