• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Feeling a bit deflated!

BigBunnyBenji

Mama Doe
I have had Daisy for almost 4 weeks now and she still hasn't been neutered. I am unable to carry her because I had my operation recently, and let's face it, she's a big girl, which means I'm reliant on my OH to take her, and he has been working every day lately. :(

I really wanted to get on with bonding, so I introduced her to Rupert and April, through bars, there was no way they could have got to each other.

It went terribly. :(
Rupert and Daisy hated each other. They were both jumping up at the bars, he was growling, they were both trying to bite each other through the bars and he ripped some of her fur out through the gaps.

I am definitely not going to introduce them to each other again until she has been neutered, and I really hope that it is the hormones and not just personality clashes.

I really love Daisy, but I worry if she won't bond into a trio that I might have to give her up. She has wrecked the house now, my Dad wants her to be bonded ASAP because she is ripping off the wallpaper everyday. Keeping her inside isn't an option any more so I really need to her be living outside with the other two.

I don't even know what I'm doing. :(

Does anyone know any bonding services in the north west, preferably in Lancashire?

Last edited:
Oh dear :( that's what i was worried would happen :( even if Daisy is hormonal, Rupert won't be. I don't know any bonding services in lancs, that's why i got a bun (Barney) from somewhere that would bond for me :? i hope you don't have to rehome her :cry: x

Just another thought, it would be too cold to put her outside now anyway :? She won't have a winter coat x

I am sorry things are stressful for you at the moment

If Daisy is living indoors she cant be moved to live outside until next year when the weather warms up. So I would look at trying to sort out a workable indoor set-up for her that will give her enough room but will not allow her the chance to be destructive.

Introducing her to the other two whilst the other two remained in their own space is highly unlikely to work or to give any indication as to how things might go once Daisy is spayed and they are all introduced in 100% neutral territory. Also, by allowing her up close and personal with Rupert and April you run the risk of referred aggression between R + A. Worst case scenario would be a bad fight resulting in R + A having to be separated.

I agree with Jane.
I had a pair of rabbits who were very happily bonded until they later caught a whiff of another pair I rescued and all hell broke loose between the original two.

ETA Just to add that the two pairs were in separate parts of the garden.. just in case anyone thought I had tried to introduce a new pair to the existing pair.

Last edited:
I hate to say it but I really wouldn't have personally considered introducing another rabbit into your pair, and think I even said that when you were thinking about another rabbit. Rupert has a strong personality and even the straightforward Male/Female pair could have gone either way with him - Thankfully it went very well. Good Luck in bonding, I really hope you succeed.

Back