• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes Please for Helen and wee Fudge/ Helen respiratory problem, Fudge dental spur.

Tuckerbunnies

Wise Old Thumper
Please can we have some magic Vibes for Fudge and Helen.

Fudge I think needs a dental as he is not eating as much as usual and he is one of our dental nethies. So he is going tomorrow to the vet's for a dental check. The problem with Fudge when he does have a dental he won't eat for days after and we have to syringe feed. :(

Helen has a nasal infection but it doesn't seem to be getting any better and yesterday she was really vocal with her breathing. We put a little Olbas oil on the fleece that is over her pen door to see if that would ease her a little, she is much better today but we are still not happy about her so she is off to the vet's tomorrow as well. :cry:

So please can we have some Vibes for them both

Thank You xxxx

Last edited:
Lots of good wishes coming your way.
Re fudge. Does he get ulcers in his mouth from the spurs? If so it does take a while for the pain to settle enough to eat.
If not, they can get a stiff jaw after a dental cos the vet has to open the mouth so wide to work. A bit of metacam for 2-3 days after a dental helps here.

With the nasal infection, many of us have had much improvement using a nebuliser. (About £ 50 on the net)
I just used simple saline. It loosens the thick secretions so they can sneexe them out more easily.
The advantage of saline is that you can nebulise bunny on your knee, & don't need a chamber.
Here's Benjie being nebulised with saline. (I made my own saline from sea salt)

Before the nebuliser Benjie was getting in an awful state clawing at his nose with paroxysms of sneezing. Once started, he could clear his nose in 1 sneeze!:D

Lots of good wishes coming your way.
Re fudge. Does he get ulcers in his mouth from the spurs? If so it does take a while for the pain to settle enough to eat.
If not, they can get a stiff jaw after a dental cos the vet has to open the mouth so wide to work. A bit of metacam for 2-3 days after a dental helps here.

With the nasal infection, many of us have had much improvement using a nebuliser. (About £ 50 on the net)
I just used simple saline. It loosens the thick secretions so they can sneexe them out more easily.
The advantage of saline is that you can nebulise bunny on your knee, & don't need a chamber.
Here's Benjie being nebulised with saline. (I made my own saline from sea salt)

Before the nebuliser Benjie was getting in an awful state clawing at his nose with paroxysms of sneezing. Once started, he could clear his nose in 1 sneeze!:D

Thank you so much for this Thumps.

We do put Fudge on metacam after his dentals but that about ulcers is very interesting as I never thought about that. We find this happens a bit with the small nethies they just seem to get so upset after a dental they don't eat.

We have a nebuliser and we have plenty of saline at the moment and that idea of not using a chamber while nebulising would be ideal as Helen isn't good at trying to do anything with as she just fight's you all the time and she will bite.

I think we may try this method of nebulising her Thank you so much Thumps xx :thumb:

Sending healing and quick recovery vibes for Helen and Fudge. I hope all goes well tomorrow. xxxx

sending them both vibes. bisc has nebulising like thumps has shown, except he doesn't sit on my knee, just on the floor and nods off whilst the steam is on him :love: thankfully he doesn't need it very often now but it's so amazing for when he does need that extra help. and it was amazing for matt aswell, although he had to go in a chamber mainly xx

Update

Update Wednesday 13:40pm

Fudge has a spur so he is due in for a dental on Friday and Helen has an upper respiratory problem she is on penicillin injections.

Thanks everyone for the Vibes and Thank You Thumps for the Info ( much appreciated )
xxxx

Update Wednesday 13:40pm

Fudge has a spur so he is due in for a dental on Friday and Helen has an upper respiratory problem she is on penicillin injections.

Thanks everyone for the Vibes and Thank You Thumps for the Info ( much appreciated )
xxxx

I've been waiting for this - glad it's gone ok this morning. And fingers crossed for Fudge for Friday.

Back