• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bubblewrap?

emmiiee

Warren Veteran
good insulator?

really worried about my old boy crunchie he is about 7 now ad feeling the cold, he has heatpods etc, but is still cold, bringing him inside is not going so well tm, so thinking if I bubble wrap in between his layers it will make his hutch a bit warmer?

I staple 2/3 layers of bubblewrap round back and sides of hutch and part of the run. It is also a good idea to have some that you can pull over the front of the hutch at night, but it needs something to weigh it down or carpet over the top to hold in place. Stuff the hutch full of hay, too.

Whatever you do, make sure you leave plenty of air flow or else the bubble wrap will make the hutch 'sweat' and it'll be colder than ever.

Have you tried the silver loft insulation stuff - you can get a roll in places like b&q, homebase etc for about £10-£15.

The air in bubble wrap is a good insulator.

Back