• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

No Accidents!

I've had Cloud for about a week and a half now, the litter box training has been going well but of course he was still having at least 2 wee accidents every day outside of the litter box. Since most of you have been through the process with your buns, you'll likely understand how insanely excited I am about the fact that he has not had wee accident in over 24 hours now! :thumb:

PB250899_zps644f4dc7.jpg

Ooh is that a harness and lead in the pic? That's an interesting idea, i've being trying to think of ways for my 2 to go out on the lawn (while supervised) without having a big enclosure in our tiny garden. Do you worry about him gnawing through the lead?

Ooh is that a harness and lead in the pic? That's an interesting idea, i've being trying to think of ways for my 2 to go out on the lawn (while supervised) without having a big enclosure in our tiny garden. Do you worry about him gnawing through the lead?
Yep! It is indeed. A kitten harness to be exact :) Yes, I do often worry he will gnaw on the lead but I believe I'm fairly prepared.
When he is outside for than just pictures, I have a doggy play pen set up - I go out and check on him every 5-10 minutes anyway and he has the harness/lead on then as well in case he decides to dig out (the idea is just.. slow him down I guess). Once I see any gnawing at the lead, I have a wire rope lead on hand that can be used :)

Yep! It is indeed. A kitten harness to be exact :) Yes, I do often worry he will gnaw on the lead but I believe I'm fairly prepared.
When he is outside for than just pictures, I have a doggy play pen set up - I go out and check on him every 5-10 minutes anyway and he has the harness/lead on then as well in case he decides to dig out (the idea is just.. slow him down I guess). Once I see any gnawing at the lead, I have a wire rope lead on hand that can be used :)

That sounds like a good set up, i'll have to have a think about how i can do something similar.

Wow, that's a well behaved bun! :shock: I tried to put a harness on mine once....it didn't end well for me! :lol:

Wow, that's a well behaved bun! :shock: I tried to put a harness on mine once....it didn't end well for me! :lol:
I think it has a lot to do with just how young and insanely relaxed he is (I dragged him around the pet stores last week and he just sat in my arms, fell asleep at one point!).
I did have a Flemish once who wasn't a fan of the harness, never ended well for me but she absolutely loved my Dad (she was an SPCA rescue so I think her previous owner was female).

He is insanely cute!! :love:
PB270958_zps728b9142.jpg

He's fairly zoned out right now :p
I woke up this morning to still.. No Accidents! So I decided to reward Cloud with some free time on the couch. I put a towel down along with his litter box and some grass and he used the litter box! A "new" environment and he still used the box!

Oh gosh, being this happy about pee and poo is just.. everyone else would think I was absolutely nuts.

Awww :D What a cutie!! He's got gorgeous colouring.

So jealous you got the harness on him :lol: Mine are like "NOPE!"

Awe he is cute, periscope on the harness very good, Stu tolerated the harness but he is used to me now and just stands still to be picked up when free the other two not well behaved:roll:

Good job on the litter training too Cloud must be so pleased with himself too:love:

Back