• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I don't understand :( *dodgy people*

Dawson

Warren Scout
So I really wanted a giant (Flemish/British) and have been looking around for 2 years, but they are always somewhere down south in England or Wales... Then my boyfriend found a place near where I live, and according to the ad, they were still available.
I contacted the person and he said there were some babies left (send me wonderful pictures) said they were 6 weeks old and he would let them go at 10 weeks. (To what he said, he would have all the paperwork etc + I did find somethings a bit dodgy but I was like, I'll wait till I can see them in december) I point out that I'm interested in reserving one, sure no problem, send me more pictures. So now 2 weeks later I ask if they have more pictures. No, all the babies are sold. Will have new ones in the new year but there's a waiting list.
Ok so what I found dodgy, I could not see the rabbits because one rabbit was pregnant and they didn't want strangers to come around.
But I thought, you know I see it by the time they're 10 weeks, if they look healthy and all or not etc.
They did not ask me for reservation money (which I wouldn't have paid without knowing for sure they're good people etc).
But what I really REALLY do not understand at all.
Why tell me, yes there are still babies available
yes you can reserve one
we will let them go at 10 weeks
But now at 8 weeks they're suddenly all sold already (all babies were already paid for)
why did he not just mention this from the very beginning?
What's the point aside from giving me false hope :S
He did not ask me for money (not before I would get the rabbit) so its not like the typical scam...
I'm quite frustrated now, I can't even sleep (yes I sleep early tonight :p )
:(

I needed to vent :(

Some people just dont care. Why not contact rescues? The rescue would provide an already neutered/vaccinated rabbit. There is a site called rabbit rehome that tells you all the rescues round the country.

Best of luck. :wave:

Back