• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

donut castration tomoro help please UPDATE

curlyanwurly

Warren Scout
Hes one ofvthe babies I kept and is in for his castration tomoro but he can outside bun, I usually get rabbits done in warmer weather but hes on his own and i want to put him with my group of 8 so hes not lonely, I know he cant be with tgem for a few weeks after so dont worry.
my question is do I leave him outside tomoro night with extra hay for warmth because of the anaesthetic or do I bring him in for the night, im worried about him being cold after but also worried if I bring him in he will be stressed as its not his home and all the different smells, nosies etc, I have ordered a snuggle safe for my g.pig who lost his partner a few weeks ago and was hoping it would be here in time so donut could use it first but it hasnt come yet

Last edited:
I think you definitely need to bring him in for at least one night as he'll have trouble maintaining his body temperature. Hope it all goes well!

Okmi can domthat as I haveca large dog crate, ifvtge snugglesafe comes in thd morning willmhe be okmoutside with that or should I still bring him in

Not sure i understand your post but snuggle safe or not he needs to stay in

Oops :lol: trying to type too quick, ok thats cool, he can stay in, when should I put him back out again? Gonna put him in our hall as its quieter and slightly cooler than the living room, dont want him to over heat as he has his winter coat

It all went well the vet was very pleased withbhim, hes eating, pooping, drinking and weeing and he's indoors for tonight then will see how he is tomorrow to see when to put him back outside

It all went well the vet was very pleased withbhim, hes eating, pooping, drinking and weeing and he's indoors for tonight then will see how he is tomorrow to see when to put him back outside

Great news :thumb: glad it went well. Did the vet give you pain relief to administer at home?

No he didnt but said the pain relif he recived should be enough, donut seems happy and is eating and hoping about

The injectable pain relief that vets usually give only lasts 24 hours and he should have at least 5 days pain relief. I would go back and ask for some metacam to give him at home. He's less likely to niggle at his wound and cause an infection if he has pain relief

Back