• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Russell Rabbit & Rabbit Royale

cpayne

Warren Veteran
Are these the same and also how much does everyone feed their rabbit and what is their rabbit's weight.

I've got Doughnut down to 27g and she is 1.2kg. I just wondered if that is still considered a lot. She does have different needs to other rabbits since she's on metaclop and we aren't sure what is wrong with her digestion, but I just wondered in the scale of things is she still considered to be on far more than the rabbits on here. She was on unlimited then 50g so going in the right direction and is eating lots of hay.

When she was on pellets I only gave her 10g, horrible mummy!

Spenser was on Rabbit Royale when he came to me, and I only changed him to pellets because he was inclined to leave certain bits of the mix. My understanding is that Rabbit Royale is regarded as probably the best of the mix feeds for rabbits. I'm not sure about Russell Rabbit.

Rabbit Royale looks and smells wonderful!

Hopefully someone currently using the feeds will come along to answer your questions more fully.

I've started Wallace on Rabbit Royale, swapping him over from Russell Rabbit as he was picking his way round it. With Rabbit Royale he is just about clearing his dish and not selectively feeding. The Rabbit Royale feels slightly moist and smells lovely and herby.

I don't know what the ideal recommended portion should be. I'm trying to build Wallace up as he has dropped a lot of weight since becoming poorly, so I am giving him slightly more mix than I would normally. He eats loads of hay, but that wasn't keeping his weight up. He's still eating plenty of hay, but the mix is helping to get his weight back up.

Wallace is currently 2.41kg, at worst he went down to 2.28kg and felt very thin and boney. He's actually quite a large rabbit, but he is a slender build (tall and graceful, slightly hare-like). My aim is to get him to around 2.5kg. Once I get him to an ideal weight, I'll start reducing the mix to try and keep his weight stable.

I'm also going to get him some Alfalfa which you suggested on the other thread. :thumb:

That's good Doughnut put weight on on that. I had to feed her not too much though as I saw uneaten cecal.

How much muesli are you giving Wallace now. I'm trying Doughnut on 25g now to see if she maintains her weight.

That's good Doughnut put weight on on that. I had to feed her not too much though as I saw uneaten cecal.

How much muesli are you giving Wallace now. I'm trying Doughnut on 25g now to see if she maintains her weight.

He's having around 50-60g a day of the Rabbit Royale mix and this is keeping his weight is stable at around 2.48g.

I know that seems quite a lot of mix, but Wallace's respiratory rate is constantly high, even at rest, and his body is working harder than a normal rabbit. He's burning off the calories quicker, which is why it's been a challenge getting his weight back up. He tops up with lots of hay, which keeps his guts functioning well.

Back