• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rabbits in the snow?

aaammmyyy

Mama Doe
i didn't know where to post this,so im gunna post it here cause its kinda chat haha!

i've seen videos of people taking their rabbits in the snow,on the rspca's video 'happy bunnies' there's a bunny digging in a washing up bowl full of snow and it looks like its having a blast!

i was wondering,when the snow comes-if i can take my bunnies in it? will they get cold and wet or ill?
if the rspca post it i think it must be ok,but then and again ill double check here!

and has anyone got any picture of their bunnies in the snow because id love to see them!:thumb:

I used to have a lovely angora x lop eared rabbit called Jack. He was a house rabbit and we had a totally rabbit proof garden. The first time he saw snow he just binkied all over the place, leaping in the air and digging the snow. Sooooooo lovely to see.

I am sure it would be fine to let outdoor bunnies have access to snow, you may need to dry them after (?).

Sonic loves the snow! He gets so happy and digs and binkies all over the place. Although he does misjudge it sometimes... so he kinda faceplants when he jumps off the patio :lol:

Guinea doesn't like it as much though! :lol::roll:

:wave: I think that as long as there is somewhere dry and warm for them to snuggle into afterwards then it shouldn't be a problem. My bunnies love the snow and its a great excuse for taking lots of pics! :lol:

:wave: I think that as long as there is somewhere dry and warm for them to snuggle into afterwards then it shouldn't be a problem. My bunnies love the snow and its a great excuse for taking lots of pics! :lol:

Sorry - think this is going to be huge ....

oh my goodness! they are all SO cute!:love: deffo taking my bunnies in the snow this year and ill dry them off after:thumb:

Sonic loves the snow! He gets so happy and digs and binkies all over the place. Although he does misjudge it sometimes... so he kinda faceplants when he jumps off the patio :lol:

Guinea doesn't like it as much though! :lol::roll:

all these pictures everyones posted are too cute!

Personally I wouldn't take them out in it, I'd bring some to them and then they can take or leave it. I'd be careful of how wet they got though :)

Taking a house bunny out into the snow can be very dangerous. The temp difference can lead to snuffles and snuffles is a hideous disease :(

Personally I'd never do it though bringing a container of snow in I would do, just wouldn't let bun get too cold playing in it!

Outdoor buns are fine in the snow as they have nice thick winter coats and their is no massive temperature for them to contend with :thumb:

I didn't realise you were talking about indoor rabbits - must have missed that bit!

I wouldn't let them out to play in the snow (in fact they shouldn't be going out at all as the weather is so cold), but neither would I bring snow into them.

When I had my two house rabbits I brought the snow in and put it in a big under bed storage container and Dana loved to dig in it I wouldn't have taken them outside though as it'd be to much of a shock to them

i dont have house rabbits:lol: both my buns live outside,Binky loves living outside and Bella...doesn't:lol:

Bellas coming indoors some time next year and Binkys then moving into the shed,but i think ill still give them the litter tray full as don't want them exposed to the really deep snow i usually get:thumb:

My boys Jack and Billie last year in the snow. :D
jack11.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

bill9.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

They are just over 7 years old. I LOVE my boys! :love:

Mine are outdoor buns and last year we had loads of snow, snowed in for a number of days. first thing I did was dig a path to the rabbits, didn't bother trying to get to our bins or to the car, just the rabbits:lol:

They love it, Twinkle my REW looks mucky white on the snow, for an old girl she cant half dig, flicking snow everywhere.

Ozzie leaps all over the patio like a loon. Its our first year with Stanley so we shall see how he reacts.

We sit at the patio doors watching them, soo cute.

Just uploading a video from last years light snow fall to photobucket then I shall put it on here

Last edited:
Back