• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

"The girls" now named !! Update

Willowsmum

Mama Doe
I thought it best to start a new thread:wave:.............
As most of you know RU pulled together to get out 3 rabbits advertised on gumtree (full story in link below) unfortunately there were many more animals, not just rabbits that are still there :cry:
However this thread is to keep you updated on the two bonded females I have in my care, mother and daughter, one around 20ish months and one around 8ish months:roll:

I'm not sure if I'm keeping them, I'm taking in one day at a time, IF they were to be rehomed, they would have to go to a rabbit savvy person as they have been through so much, they need understanding.......but I might win the lotto before then and be able to afford a lovely house for them:p:lol:

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?407280-Gumtree-bristol-(&highlight=Gumtree

First night here last night, they are petrified :cry: however they did explore last night and have pooped and eaten the veg I put in......they don't appear to like the pellets yet as used to muesli diet :roll:

A bit of thumping at me this morning and lots of eye popping and running around :oops:

I will post some photos later when the light is bit better, as I would love some natured based name suggestions :wave:

This is odd for me.....as I've never owned female rabbits :shock: or anything other than a Rex :love: so when I do get to touch them, their fur feels weird :lol::lol:

Last edited:
Aww, well done for getting them out of there. I'm sure they'll soon settle down, and you'll fall in love with them ;) my Dandy and Beano were very nervous when they came from the rspca, now I can stroke them but I haven't pushed them by trying to pick them up because they're still a bit skittish at times. Having said that Dandy jumped into the hay bag last night while I was filling up the racks :lol:

Was just thinking of you and the bristol "rescue"...

How are the girls? Pics? :D;)

I think I read on another post that you were feeling a bit down? Don't worry hun, it's just the emotion of it catching up... I'm sure bunnies are doing well... I wouldn't worry too much about how much they are eating presently as long as they are nibbling a little and their outputs are looking ok... They are settling in and prob not used to being so cared for. Xx

Names for the girlies

Just a quick think... ;)

Tansy (herb ?)
Violet
Eve
Ivy
Fern
Heather
Isla
Maple
Fleur
Neve
Nova (only because it means a star that gets brighter ;))
Rhoslyn (Rose valley)

Elvie
Pixie
Faye
Meadow
Solstice
Petal
Flori
Ayla (oak tree... Nice with Willow... :D)

I'll stop now...

;):lol:

Last edited:
Update!

Ok, I just posted this on the other thread aswell, I'm still horrified!

The little silver one not eating and more interested in her from foot.....got hubby to hold her while I examined her foot only to find her nails were disgustingly long and her dew claw was so long it was curled right around into her foot :shock::shock: I've trimmed both their nails and given her some mertacam......if they are the age they said (20 months & 8 months) how the hell did their nails get like this :evil::evil:

Schez......I'm loving those names! I love love love tansy :love::love:
Doing pics now.......:thumb:

Ok, sorry about the pics, they are soo hard to get photos of because their so scared :cry:

This is "little silver" she has slightly fluffy chops!

This is "little browny" she has teeny tiny ears! I swear willows at about 4 times longer:lol:

Ok, sorry about the pics, they are soo hard to get photos of because their so scared :cry:

This is "little silver" she has slightly fluffy chops!

This is "little browny" she has teeny tiny ears! I swear willows at about 4 times longer:lol:

:love::love::love:
The best things are: they are safe now, will learn how to be bunnies and that humans are capable of care, compassion and love.xx

Aw, lovely bunnies! And so, so lucky to have been given a second chance in a lovely home.

As I'm from Wales and first language Welsh too, I thought I'd offer a few Welsh suggestions!

Blodwen...white flower
Enfys...rainbow (f pronounced as v, y pronounced as i)
Ffion...foxglove
Haf...summer (f pronounced as v)
Nia...brightness
Seren...star
Tanwen...white fire

Aw, lovely bunnies! And so, so lucky to have been given a second chance in a lovely home.

As I'm from Wales and first language Welsh too, I thought I'd offer a few Welsh suggestions!

Blodwen...white flower
Enfys...rainbow (f pronounced as v, y pronounced as i)
Ffion...foxglove
Haf...summer (f pronounced as v)
Nia...brightness
Seren...star
Tanwen...white fire

Oh wow! Thank you :wave:

I love seren :love:

And a few more!

Branwen...fair raven (pronounced brahn-wen)
Eira...snow (pronounced ay-ruh)
Elain...fawn (pronounced a-line)
Afon...river (pronounced ah-Von)
Aur...gold (pronounced ah-ee-r)
Haul...sun (pronounced hah-eel)

I've just caught up with this thread. Sorry it has taken me so long.

Well done...........for helping these little darlings. They are so lucky to be in caring and loving hands.:thumb:

I've just caught up with this thread. Sorry it has taken me so long.

Well done...........for helping these little darlings. They are so lucky to be in caring and loving hands.:thumb:

Thank you

Any advice on getting them to eat pellets? And on their nervousness? I'm taking it very slow, visiting them little and often, soft voice, moving slow etc.........

Back