• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Olly is a star!!! :o)

ripminnie

Wise Old Thumper
He has now been living in the lounge for 6 months, and seems to have really settled in :D This last week he has developed a new trick :love: every night, just before bedtime, when I go outside to say goodnight to Daisy and Digby, Olly jumps onto his tunnel and then onto his house, and just sits there looking around the room :lol: this doesn't sound like much, but for little Olly with his head tilt it's really really good :D he has obviously been practising his jump off aswell, because at first he used to crash into the settee when he jumped off, but he's got it sussed now! He knows exactly how far he needs to jump to land in the right place :love: Bless him, I love him so much :love: here's some pics of him in action! And a few more just because....

DSCF2535 by jlowe179, on Flickr

DSCF2536 by jlowe179, on Flickr

DSCF2534 by jlowe179, on Flickr

DSCF2532 by jlowe179, on Flickr

DSCF2523 by jlowe179, on Flickr

DSCF2522 by jlowe179, on Flickr

DSCF2520 by jlowe179, on Flickr

:love:

Oh my! :shock: I could never allow Mimzy to do such things, his balance is still so off he would surely break his neck. Although I dearly wish I could make life more interesting for him with tunnels and boxes and such. His tilt is really not so far off in angle to Olly's, but he just doesn't have the ability to steady himself acrobatically anymore. :(
How wonderful Olly is! :) Still letting you know he's got lots of spunk and is ready to take on the world! :love:

Oh my! :shock: I could never allow Mimzy to do such things, his balance is still so off he would surely break his neck. Although I dearly wish I could make life more interesting for him with tunnels and boxes and such. His tilt is really not so far off in angle to Olly's, but he just doesn't have the ability to steady himself acrobatically anymore. :(
How wonderful Olly is! :) Still letting you know he's got lots of spunk and is ready to take on the world! :love:

Thank you :love: Olly has come such a long way, it has taken him a long time to get to this point, but at his worst he couldn't jump onto or off anything, he couldn't periscope without falling over and he couldn't Binky. He still doesn't Binky properly, but he kind of just jumps in the air like a little flying barrel :lol: :love: how long has Mimzy had his tilt? Olly has been almost 3 years now... X

Mimzy has been tilted for one and a half years. He also has early onset arthritis and of late I notice he keeps his rear leg on his bad side well forward, so I fear his spondylosis and his hip spur are worsening.
His latest health challenge is some kind of sore hock or raw lesions on his front paws/toes. This isn't helping his mobility any I'm afraid. :(
Mostly when he hops/runs he still goes in tight counterclockwise circles, so his balance is still just barely there after all this time.

Back