• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How to make rabbit runs fun / furniture

k.mdaniels

Alpha Buck
Hi

Planning to move next year. Our two rabbits rule the roost in the house we are in just now. Its nice seeing them roam about and get plenty of freedom but the downside is the mess and destruction:roll:

So we've decided the new house will be ours and not the rabbits. However, we will have an integral garage, so we have dedicated this room to the bunnies..........plus some storage stuff:)
Our bunnies are outdoor buns, we let them outside as much as we can but obviously its harder in the winter, so we let them into the house a lot then but usually one at at time as they hate each other:roll:
The space in the garage will let me have two set ups next to each other. So they will have each other for company a bit more............not actually sure if they'll like that though:shock:

Anyway just looking for ideas on how to make they're enclosure fun for them i.e cheap furniture to jump on, toys

I tried looking throght the 'indoor set ups' thread on the housing page but there were hardly any.

I'm also interested in the replies to this but I think the key is to move and swap around their things every now and then for variety.

The little £5 tables from ikea are good for adding another level, also plastic chairs and things. I tend to use cardboard boxes, cardboard boxes and more cardboard boxes! They also really like willow toys to destroy :lol: depending on how much they chew you could get some tunnels as well :thumb:

How about natural fibre mats to lie on, apple tree branches to chew, willow balls to lie around in, those cat hidey houses to hop into... um, a too-small-hutch stuffed with hay and the door taken off so they can hop in and out and hide... hanging things stuffed with hay ;) More hay, and more hay ;)

How about natural fibre mats to lie on, apple tree branches to chew, willow balls to lie around in, those cat hidey houses to hop into... um, a too-small-hutch stuffed with hay and the door taken off so they can hop in and out and hide... hanging things stuffed with hay ;) More hay, and more hay ;)

I like the idea of the small hutch or a cheap cabinet as a wee hidey hole for them.

Also like the idea of something for them to jump on to like a mini table or bench. I saw some ideas at ikea http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/90197403/ something like that.

I more excited about furnishing the garage for the bunnies than any other room in the house :lol: dont tell H!

we bought some storage boxes from places like B&M bargains, couple of quid each - turned them upside down & the bun hops up on them all the time. Have cut an opening out of one so he can hide in it too. Also those little steps kiddies have to reach the toilet - one of those works great as a platform to sit on.

Back