• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Temperature is plummeting

Fee

Wise Old Thumper
Hiya All

Just been put to make sure buns are Okay,,,

Just as well i checked. Their water bowl had frozen... I've put a snuggle safe under bowl with fresh water and shoved a snuggle safe in their cardboard box stuufed with hay in their shed.

Bizarrely the run with its tarp and oolythene is warmer than the shed!!

If this is the start of winter, i"m not looking forward to the depth of winter....

Poor wee buns... Will need to get a proper hutch back in the shed. Doubt a thick cardboard box stuffed with hay and straw will suffice...

Fee xxx

I hate winter :( Daisy and Digby have a greenhouse heater in their kennel, but they still often feel cold in the mornings :(

Do some rabbits like the cold ? Where my two normally snuggle in the run in put straw down for them to snuggle on .... So they sit somewhere else now ! :shock::roll::)

The first winter I had Spenser was 2010, and it was in the minuses for weeks especially overnight. :shock: During the coldest spell my Dad or I went out to check Spenser was OK in the middle of the night - he was always at the mesh door of his hutch rather than in his bedroom. I remember how he would fluff himself off like a giant powder puff. :love:

I am just in. Water in shed Okay ( with snugglesafe u nder) was Okay , water in runs frozen.

the bunnies felt cold today but have eaten and pooped well....

they havent been in their box with snugglesafe.. What are they like???!

buy a few ping pong balls for the water bowls it'll stop them from freezing over.
:) maybe you should just put tarp all over the outside of the shed as well, insulation and all that haha.

:wave:.. wayhay Nats.. lovely to see you..

I have tarp and polythene over one run and down sides permanently and polythene on roof of other run permanently. any morE tarp, i could run a business

Fee xxx

Back