• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

could you spare a few thoughts for little Stevie

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
For those that dont know him, Stevie is a tiny deformed bunny with multiple health issues. He was recently diagnosed with an abscess behind his better eye.

Today he saw the vet as both his eyes have become very inflammed and his sunken deformed eye had a lot of pus coming out.

He has eye drops and are increasing his metacam until monday. We then go back for a check up on monday for possible tear duct flush and skull xrays.

But we are starting to wonder if it is all getting a bit too much for him x

Millions of vibes for the wee mite.... What a lot for a little bun to contend with...

Noserubs for him
Fee x

Loads of vibes. :(

Can I ask, are you usuing eye drops rather than eye ointment? I found with Grim, the fucithalmic eye drops actually cased more inflamation in his eyes which have been hideously damaged by constant infections and ulcers. :( We switched to chloramphenicol eye ointment with miraculous results. We also used the artificial tears lubricant and at one point he had local anaesthetic drops.

I feel a bit silly telling you all of this as i know how experienced you are! :oops:

I expect it is fucithalmic. Steve has taken stevies meds to work as they were in his coat pocket!

Stevie is blind anyway. One eye isnt even a proper eye. The other is covered in scar tissue from ulcers and is now being pushed out by the abscess. Tbh they are the worst eyes I have seen :(

Oh Stevie, you poor little chap. It sounds as if you need loads of healing wishes to come your way.......

Sending loads...............................xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Auntie Di. xxxx

I expect it is fucithalmic. Steve has taken stevies meds to work as they were in his coat pocket!

Stevie is blind anyway. One eye isnt even a proper eye. The other is covered in scar tissue from ulcers and is now being pushed out by the abscess. Tbh they are the worst eyes I have seen :(
Grim does have eyes but his are also covered in scar tissue, one is 100% covered so it's just skin and that's the one that reacted so badly to the drops. I had to buy the chloramphenicol ointment from the chemist as the vets stopped it but it's over the counter and fairly cheap.

I was going to offer a picture of Grim's eyes but I suppose you already know what they look like. :(

I tried to get a photo of his eyes but holding him in one hand and a heavy camera in the other was difficult. The flash has also made the skin look pink and quite good where as the reality is that it is very red and sore.

Thank you for all the good wishes for him. He is a unique little bunny :love:

His "good" eye with the abscess behind it
P1050514.jpg

His sunken deformed eye
P1050516.jpg

Oh poor little love. What do you think is in his best interests to do?

Its hard to know as he is still lively but he is also badly brain damaged, so that coupled with not being to look "into" his eyes. Its hard to gauge how he really feels. He has dental issues including his tooth roots, a deformed skull and deformed back legs which have arthritis and has generally never developed properly.

He is only two years old but we never expected him to live past 6 months so is doing really well :love:

We will just wait and see what the vet says on Monday and take it from there. Nothing is going to get better as such so its just whether we can keep him happy and comfortable

Have you thought about trying f10 barrier ointment on the scalded skin round his eyes? I swear by the stuff. Also sorry if your getting sick of my random bits of advice. :oops: I've been dealing with Grim's similar problems for six years now so I have lots of it. :(

Back