• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Temperature

Emma H

Warren Scout
Hi Everyone

Belle and Bailey have the conservatory as their room. Now it's getting colder, the conservatory is also getting colder - last night it went down to 9 degrees c in there. I think it generally stays about 5 or so degrees higher than outside (so it will get colder as we get more into winter) They do have snugglesafes, dog beds and big cardboard boxes, but they insist on sleeping on the cold tiles. Is the temperature change going to be okay for them in there? Obviously they are protected from the elements.

Look forward to some good advice :)

xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

As long as it doesn't get heated during the day, they'll be fine.

Do you put straw in the cardboard boxes for them to snuggle into if they want?

Two of mine are outside in a hutch within an aivery and they tend to stay outside in the run!!! I am sure your two will be fine. Its damp and draughts that are the main problem for them.

Thanks for replying weedug and tulsi :)

Yeah, they are free from damp and draughts :)

I have put hay in the boxes but they just dig it out. They never sit in them? They always choose to lie on the cold floor. I guess if they were feeling that cold they would lie on the dog beds? But I'm yet to see it!

There is a radiator, but it doesn't effect the temperature too much to be honest cse of the size of the room and all of the glass. When the sun shines it gets warmer in there but not that warm in the winter (in the summer they will go outside when i'm not at home). The conservatory backs on to the kitchen so that heats it up a bit when we are cooking etc. Bailey and Belle like to hop around the kitchen when we are in there so I leave the doors open between the rooms (They dont have access to the rest of the downstairs (much to Bailey's displeasure) yet because I am increasing the space gradually due to their newish bond).

So I guess in that sense they will be experiencing a range of temperatures? I'm not sure if it is a huge/damaging range though?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Back