• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

a bit worried about my rabbit- her husbun died last night

amme

Warren Scout
I have been in to open the shed up and let her out and and she has hardly eaten her food. normally there is nothing left - she has eaten half her carrot and and the kibble is still there :-( is she just feeling sad or do you think a trip to the vets is on order? also i dont now what to do wether to leave her on her own or to rehome her now- she is very very fisty and loved her husbun sooooo much i really dont know what to do :-(

Sorry you lost your bunny.

I'm not experienced on health issues, but when I lost Poppy in the summer her partner Will didn't stop eating or anything. His only sign of grief was just sitting around and not playing.It did take me a few days to realise i did not need to give him as much food!

Can you spend some time with her, make a fuss of her, tempt her with treats she only gets occasionally and see if she's pooping?

I'm sure others who are more knowledgeable will be along soon, but if she doesn't eat or poop at all, get her to the vets to make sure she's not I'll (sorry I'm presuming your other bunny was poorly).

If she's ok maybe think about getting her a new friend? I got Will a new wife after 2 weeks, far too soon for me, but Will needed a friend.

I'm sorry you've lost your bun.

She will probably be depressed for a while, some show hardly any reason whilst some can grieve terribly.

The best solution is to get her another partner as she will be very lonely, and the rabbit route is the best option as they can help with pairing.

One q.... does she know he's passed? Did she sees him?

I'm sorry you've lost your bun.

She will probably be depressed for a while, some show hardly any reason whilst some can grieve terribly.

The best solution is to get her another partner as she will be very lonely, and the rabbit route is the best option as they can help with pairing.

One q.... does she know he's passed? Did she sees him?

All of this. I'm sorry you lost a rabbit and his partner is struggling. Company is usually a huge help for them, even though we're often not ready.

Im so sorry, she does sound sad. Where are you located - perhaps the RU forum can help you find another husbun?

x

I suppose, first of all, you need to know why your other rabbit died in case it is something that could be passed on.

I would definitely try and bond her with another husbun as almost all rabbits are happier and more content with a partner.

Thank you so much for all your advice- i ahve taken poor bugs to the vets and his being cremated so we will get him back- at the same time i took breeze to get her checked- all is well with her apart from a few little spikes on her back teeth- so she has had pain relief and medicine to help her with her food- all i need to do is keep a watch on her and see if she eats today - i ddnt want to leave her at the vets for an operation today as i think she has gone through enough.

As for her being with with him when he died- yes she was- he must have dies sometime during the day- when i went in at night to tuck them up she cam running out of the hutch where he was so i think she knows what has happened-

she was running around the run this morning looking for him - bless her.

I would love to get her a mate but not sure she will take to one as she is really fisty and shows who is the boss so unsure wether to get another rabbit incase she kills him

Thank you so much for all your advice- i ahve taken poor bugs to the vets and his being cremated so we will get him back- at the same time i took breeze to get her checked- all is well with her apart from a few little spikes on her back teeth- so she has had pain relief and medicine to help her with her food- all i need to do is keep a watch on her and see if she eats today - i ddnt want to leave her at the vets for an operation today as i think she has gone through enough.

As for her being with with him when he died- yes she was- he must have dies sometime during the day- when i went in at night to tuck them up she cam running out of the hutch where he was so i think she knows what has happened-

she was running around the run this morning looking for him - bless her.

I would love to get her a mate but not sure she will take to one as she is really fisty and shows who is the boss so unsure wether to get another rabbit incase she kills him

When you feel up to it see about taking her to a local rescue maybe for bunny speeddating (this is what I did for Will). Then the rescue may bond them for you.

Back