• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Not spending enough time with the rabbits

sierra*323

Mama Doe
Feeling bad for them at the moment, I've started a new job and am helping to set up a new store while managing the original, and I haven't had much time to just be with the rabbits in the last couple of weeks.

They have each other's company, lots of space and toys and plenty of hay, water, bedding etc - all the essentials, but not so much attention from me at the moment :(

Anyone ever feel similar? I'm sure it will all settle down and go back to normal soon, but I'm feeling bad.

I sympathise. My lovelies are outside so they only get to see me during daylight hours (apart from supper and good night time). Once it starts staying light later I will be with them more. Like yours they have rabbit companionship, space, food, water, toys. Its us that miss them more than the other way round!

Fortunately rabbits can't wear watches so they don't know how long you're spending with them anyway ;) I'm sure they love you just as much even if you aren't there as much as you want to be. Tulsi's right, we miss them more than they miss us!

Ibdont worry so much about my outside bunscas they have each other for company but I feel guilty when I dont spend time with benji whos indoors on his own, today I did a 14.5hr shiftvso just havin a quick glass of wine then bed, no time for anything on these long says

I sympathise. My lovelies are outside so they only get to see me during daylight hours (apart from supper and good night time). Once it starts staying light later I will be with them more. Like yours they have rabbit companionship, space, food, water, toys. Its us that miss them more than the other way round!

My thoughts exactly. I so want mine to come indoors but although OH has grown to love them, he doesnt want them to live indoors.

We've taken to letting them free range in our garage now its colder, they love all the places to hide - Im working on OH to bring their hutch and run in there for the winter, trouble is he's self employed carpenter so is often working in there:evil::evil:

I feel bad I'm not able to spend as much time on them as before because we've got a 5 week old baby now. But I know they're happy because they've got each other and I'm thankful for that. I'm so glad we got Butter-Bean when we did as I was in hospital for 10 days and I would have really worried about Bumble if she didnt have anybun. It'll be good when my baby's a bit older and we can all spend time with them together.

I'm quite glad to se lots of you feel the same. As it's got darker and darker and colder and colder I have been spending less time outside with the buns :( they are a bonded pair and only ever really like me when I have food anyways but I still feel guilty that I'm not out there asmuchas I am the rest of the year. When it's light before and after work I usually let them out free range in the garden for a it both ends of the day. I obscene do that now :( also struggling to forage grass and greenery for the partly coz it's dark but partly coz not much growing. Poor boys. Glad to hear I'm not the only one!

Back