• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What an evening. Vets now A & E

Den

Mama Doe
All was fine when I got home. Both buns ran over for treats. I cleaned the litter trays and thought Will didn't seem quite right. Couldn't say what was wrong but something seemed amiss.:( I kept an eye on him from the kitchen and he kept flopping. I know buns do but I'd never seen him do it like this. Flop one way, get up flop the other way. When my son came home from work he said Will seemed 'slow'. OH thought I was being paranoid but agreed he didn't seem quite right so I rang the vet at 6.45 and took him down.

I felt a bit silly when asked what was wrong and I said he keeps lying down and doesn't seem to want to eat. Anyway poor Will was poked and prodded, had his temperature taken, his heart and tummy listened to, felt all round his mouth, weighed and put on the floor for a hop around. Vet couldn't find anything obviously wrong, but appreciated my concern after Poppy. We decided to let them have a run around in the garage when we got home as there's lots of hidey places, isn't wet like the patio or lawn but its still cold (I'm still here now).

We hadn't been back 10 mins when my mum called OH, could he run my dad to A& E as he was passing blood through his catheter.:cry:

As Will had just jumped into the litter tray and was nomming hay I said we'd leave them out (can't go with him to hospital as only 3 seats in our van.

So Will now seems fine, has eaten hay, some greens and has pooped, my dad is waiting to be checked out my hands are like ice blocks and am trying to lure 2 bunnies into their carrier.:)

My aim is to get OH to move them to the garage for the winter.

Thanks for your thoughts. I'm wide awake. Havent a clue what was wrong with Will. Fortunately he ate his supper and was nomming hay within half an hour of coming back from the vets. I think/hope I was just being paranoid and the poor boy was just tired:oops: but I'm so paranoid, especially as Poppy went downhill so quickly when she died, that I wasnt taking any chances.

OH is still at A & E with my parents (will have to spoil him too this weekend instead of just the buns:lol:). I hope my dads problems are just after effects of his recent surgery, but cant really say anything about him being over cautious can I?

I had my hot tea and sneaked a couple of choccy bics too.

Dont feel the least bit tired, my mind is a whirl.

Back