• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

..Again?!

Aly&Poppy<3

Wise Old Thumper
I've been offered for the 6th time now, if I want to have/buy a rabbit.. Like they're doing me a favour!! :evil:

And the excuse is just peachy..

Hello, a bit random but was wondering if you wanted to buy a rabbit? I know someone who has brought a rabbit and don't like the fact of cleaning it so they are selling it and I know how you like your rabbits, don't worry if you have too many and that and you don't want it I'll ask someone else, just a thought though? Let me know, thank you xxx

I gave a polite reply and explained everything and she agrees with me regarding it's welfare etc which is why she is trying to help find a good home so asked me so I understand and take it as a compliment, but I just hate having to say no.. I honestly have no idea how rescues do what they do :(

I once heard a guy who ran a rescue try to explain that the 2 kittens they had bought off gumtree less than 3 days ago were not actually his responsibility and were in fact the owners responsibility and that unfortunately we were full.... The next day there were 2 new kitten in arrivals :(

People just see pets as disposable :(

I saw some gerbils for sale on preloved the other day, they said they had bought them 3 days earlier with a new tank etc and had a voucher for a health check that they got from the shop the bought them at. selling cos they didn't have the time to give them.....YOU ONLY HAD THEM FOR 3 DAYS!!!!!

My bf gets really annoyed! I introduced him to the wonderful world of bunnies (and hamsters!) and he gets angry at people when they 'get rid' of rabbits or get bored of them and try to fob them off on me because I have rabbits! He says because you take them on they are your responsibility from then on which is totally right. He just can't imagine giving any of the animals up for a reason so stupid as 'don't like cleaning it out' :? I clean 6 out daily!

They depend on us for everything, I found something on tumblr a while ago and I just love it!

"Be cool to your pets. They have very small lives and you are a god to them. Guide them through their life like a really cool tour guide and leave them with the best impression on earth."

My bf gets really annoyed! I introduced him to the wonderful world of bunnies (and hamsters!) and he gets angry at people when they 'get rid' of rabbits or get bored of them and try to fob them off on me because I have rabbits! He says because you take them on they are your responsibility from then on which is totally right. He just can't imagine giving any of the animals up for a reason so stupid as 'don't like cleaning it out' :? I clean 6 out daily!

They depend on us for everything, I found something on tumblr a while ago and I just love it!

"Be cool to your pets. They have very small lives and you are a god to them. Guide them through their life like a really cool tour guide and leave them with the best impression on earth."

That's lovely :love:

My oh is like that, he was totally unimpressed at the idea of a rabbit but is now soppy over them :love: back in the summer I heard him explaining to his brother why the make the best pets :love:

That's lovely :love:

My oh is like that, he was totally unimpressed at the idea of a rabbit but is now soppy over them :love: back in the summer I heard him explaining to his brother why the make the best pets :love:

If anyone makes a 'rabbit pie' etc joke, he gets annoyed :lol: I tell him to ignore silly things like that but he takes a bit of offence to it because he loves them so much. Especially with Poppy and Leo, he loves these 2 especially, after everything they've been through they're big fighters and I think James has come to see how strong these tiny animals can be :love:

Hopefully I can convince him for another bunny :D just one from a rescue and not someone 'doing me a favour'!

If anyone makes a 'rabbit pie' etc joke, he gets annoyed :lol: I tell him to ignore silly things like that but he takes a bit of offence to it because he loves them so much. Especially with Poppy and Leo, he loves these 2 especially, after everything they've been through they're big fighters and I think James has come to see how strong these tiny animals can be :love:

Hopefully I can convince him for another bunny :D just one from a rescue and not someone 'doing me a favour'!

James!?! Never, mines James too! :lol:

I think we are at bunny limit now (Luckily he is as soppy as me and didn't mind me doubling our bunny numbers in a few months!) :p

Now I want cats, dogs and babies! :lol: luckily I don't see animals (or babies!) as disposable and so we will only add to our family when the time is right. I also think that a pet is for life (I do know that there are exceptions to every rule of course) and James agrees :p

Back