• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hello :)

Dawson

Warren Scout
Hello all!

I've just signed up to a large rabbit forum in my own language which is a very informative and friendly place :)
I live in Glasgow and many things are different than in my home country.
Therefore I decided to also look for a British forum because I keep running into translation problems and other things.

Hi :wave:
Welcome to the forum, what type and how many bunnies do you have? I have a bonded house rabbit pair, Harry and Daisy :)

Hello

Thank you! :)

Unfortunately I do not have any bunnies yet. I have been living in no pets allowed places :( However I'm moving at the end of this month to a pet friendly place.
I'm getting one girl in December and have been told that its best to find a neutered male friend for her when she's about 4 to 6 months old.
Of course I don't want her to be lonely, but I would be really sad if she had a friend now, somehow they end up not liking each other anymore and I would have to choose which one should go away (because I do have room/space for 2 bonded rabbits, but not for 4!)

:wave:

If you go to a rescue they have ready made bonded pairs that are already neutered and vaccinated ;) So no stress for you whatsoever!

Breeder buns etc will need spaying at around 6 months old and vaccinating, although I think a 'good' breeder would vaccinate them before homing them.. I don't know. They can be vaccinated from 5 weeks of age. Spaying rabbits is delightfully stressful :thumb: :lol: We took in a stray rabbit and her owners didn't get in touch so we had her spayed. £80 for that. Then she stopped eating for a week and cost a further £120 in less than a week! ... We adopted a male from FatFluffs and he was neutered/vaccinated. First blissful bunny we've had! Didn't have to do anything but carry on the bonding process with our (previously) single male!

Last edited:
Welcome! :)

I live in Glasgow too and this forum is a great place to ask for advice and see what other people are doing. It's great that you're doing the research before getting your bunnies too.

I recommend a rabbit rescue called Fairly Beloved Rabbit Care, they're based in the Glasgow area and I just got my 2nd bunny from them at the weekend. They give some great advice and your bunny will be fully vaccinated and neutered.

As Aly&Poppy<3 said, it's so much easier to rescue an already bonded pair, I know I'll be doing that if I decide to get any more bunnies, though for now 2 is enough :)

Best of luck with your bunnies!

Hi thank you all!
Well I have already reserved this girl, she's so beautiful!
Its a giant and maybe I'm looking in the wrong places but the only giants I ever see are in South England or Wales!
I know that they would need more space than smaller rabbits and I will provide all of that :)
It would also be the first rabbits I have on my own, we did have rabbits when I was younger but they all lived in the garden.
I would love to find a neutered male from a shelter do they let them bond first?
But from one shelter I saw a pdf of things you need to comply to and I'm not sure what everything means.
When I move I will start buying everything and make the house rabbit proof first!

Back