• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wasnt sure where to put this...?

luna-bunny

New Kit
I seem to be asking quite a few questions recently, hope people don't mind :D
Im just wondering what peoples opinions are of rabbits and soft toys? Luna is an only rabbit atm (we're going to try bonding her in the new year once shes calmed down from her spay) i think she might benefit from a soft toy of some sort to lie next to and groom etc but not entirely sure if its safe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It depends on if she is a chewer. Some of my single Rabbits have soft toys and they never chew them at all. But others would shred a soft toy to pieces within a few minutes. The same applies to fabric bedding eg Vetbed. Some Rabbits will do nothing but try to eat it, others will use it as it is intended, to sleep on. So to answer your question, you could try giving Luna a soft toy, but dont leave it in with her for long periods when you are not about. Then just monitor if she is a chewer. Use your digression as to whether it would be OK to leave the toy in with her at all times

Harry is never far from his inanimate furry friends, he grooms them but never chews them

aww jane that's a sweet photo, I've always wanted one of those cuddly Lindt bunnies! My two have vet bed in their bedroom and neither have tried to chew it. When it's cold i put the snuggle safe under it, keeps it nice and toasty!

Back