• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Acorn's progress *UD new pics 25/11*

silverrabbit

Mama Doe
V thin 7 month old little pregnant doe desperate for reassurance. She is very sweet and I am very worried for her :(

Big belly (freaking me out as it keeps changing shape :shock: )

And looking skinny :cry: her hip bones really stick out, without her bump she would look so tiny :(

Last edited:
She's so thin :( poor dear. Was she another free-ads/gumtree bun?

If she isn't getting them already, unlimited junior or breeder pellets may be a good idea, try to bulk her up a bit. And maybe some alfalfa?

She's so thin :( poor dear. Was she another free-ads/gumtree bun?

If she isn't getting them already, unlimited junior or breeder pellets may be a good idea, try to bulk her up a bit. And maybe some alfalfa?

She's on SS Junior atm (that's A&P in her bowl before I replaced it.. I was expecting a boy, not a skinny pregnant bun :cry: ), going to get some alfalfa hay tomo though not sure where i'll find it as haven't seen it around. No, OH's friend went to pick up a hutch he bought from FB for his bantams as a hide and the rabbit was inside it and owner didn't want "him" back :cry: this explains it all..

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?407223-Best-feeding-for-(another)-underweight-pregnant-doe

I really hate people :evil: how can you let an animal get so thin!

Aww she looks a sweetie! Hope it goes smoothly having the babies and hope she has a bit of time to put some weight on before they come

Bless her.:love: Sending vibes that all goes well for her. When do you expect the babies?

I'm not sure, I haven't had a pregnant rabbit for over ten years so my knowledge isn't great (read zilch! that was an accident and even vet thought she wasn't pregnant so the kits were a total surprise!). Comparing to the other doe who is around 18 days gone (if the other owner was telling the truth that is) she feels huge and there is a lot of movement, so i'm guessing she is quite close :( I just hope she has a few days to gain a little weight so she is stronger :( I'm hoping she will make a nest at some point

Thanks for all the love and support, Acorn really appreciates it and accepts pellets on behalf of you all ;) :love:

My Lord, just read both these threads....
WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE??

:evil:

Okay, okay...and breathe!

Of course Acorn can have all the loving up, getting healthy and having an easy time with babies vibes I can muster, poor wee thing!
((((((((((((((((((((((((Super snuggles for Acorn)))))))))))))))))))))) xxxx

silverrabbit, you are an angel! :love: So much on your plate but still room for one more (or possibly more) you are a hero! :D xxxx

Awww, poor Acorn. I hope she heals well and delivers her babies with ease. At least she is in good hands now! :thumb:

Sending Acorn love and vibes, hope everything goes well for her. Thank goodness you took her in, I cannot believe some people :cry:

Seems like you are starting a rescue, or were you already a rescue anyway? :love:

This is SO sad, that poor rabbit, 7 months :shock:

I'm just so happy she's with you now :love: I hope her previous owners get hid with a massive dollop of karma.

Many fattening up and strength vibes coming her way and masses of ...:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:
To you for being such a wonderful person :love:

Lots of love for the lovely little Acorn. Hope all goes well with the birth when the time comes x

Thanks all, she has put on weight today :love: not loads but it all helps! She has been a lot quieter today and sits in her little nest of hay but at least she is resting and knows she is safe :)

Pellets are being increased and her poops are so much better. I bought her some lovely hay/flower mix that has alfalfa in it and it smells amazing.. I want to eat it :lol:

Back