• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Christmas Boxes

Schtoffen

Mama Doe
Hello All,

I've just had a rather brilliant idea! Although the Rescue Secret Santa might have covered this, I don't know, I'm not sure what it is!

Instead of buying my spoilt buns more treats, I'm going to package up some snacks and toys for buns in need and post them to a rescue!! :D

There is a pledge a pound Christmas shoebox appeal going on at the moment, plus there is the RU rescue secret Santa too... I'm dong both! :p

It's a brilliant idea though, rescues are always grateful for that sort of thing. Especially as often their funds go on the basics; food, vets ect ect. A box of treats arriving is something the animals can enjoy that rescues normally can't budget for!

Eta the rescue secret Santa needs only a few more people to be able to have each rescue getting 2 gifts! :p

I know this is completely unfair but I got the idea because I fell in love with a bun on the 'Rabbits in Need' section, so I'm going to send him (and his pals of course) some toys and treats and mybe make a donation, since I can't adopt him!

I was thinking about sending boxes of treats etc to rescue's near by - I'll have a look at the secret santa though as I haven't really looked into that as of yet.

I do want them to know where it's come from though.. hmm!!

That's exactly the idea behind the Rescue Secret Santa. :D

I think one of the reasons it started originally (& is popular still) is because lots of members wanted to send a gift to a rescue but found it difficult to choose just one as they all deserve a treat. With the secret santa, we match up members to rescues so that each rescue taking part receives the same amount of gifts (if there are extra santas then we allocate them based on the number of rabbits each rescue has to make it as fair as possible). You're welcome to join in or, if you already have a rescue in mind, I'm sure they'd be very appreciative. :love:

I know this is completely unfair but I got the idea because I fell in love with a bun on the 'Rabbits in Need' section, so I'm going to send him (and his pals of course) some toys and treats and mybe make a donation, since I can't adopt him!

Ooops, I took so long posting this reply wasn't there at the time. :oops::lol: That's a lovely idea. :love:

Been talking to the rescue and they seem to like the idea...soooooo...having never run a rescue I don't know what Harry would most like in his box! :D Ideas?

I'm definitely going to get him a p@h bunny rattle (because mine loved theirs), a treat ball and some Wagg Beetroot sticks...hmmm...what else?

Schtoff + Ted + Little xxx

Here it is! Harry the bunny's Christmas box. It's got all my bunny's favourite things in it :love::love::love::love:
936511_10151826722207671_1346820068_n_zps2ecdf9ef.jpg

Back