• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Best Boredom Breakers

Fifibutton

Wise Old Thumper
What are the best boredom breakers for rabbits? I already have carrot patches and trees for my house rabbits but for the garage buns I want something more robust and chewable. Willow balls would probably be decimated in a day. I do want to get them thick fruit tree branches but am not sure how possible it is to do that. Other than fruit tree branches though, is there anything which is robust, healthy and which the rabbits won't get too bored of? Also are there any digging games or toys for rabbits? Mine like to dig and scrabble in their hay boxes and on their carpets but I wonder if that is enough.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated :wave:

I reakon the secret is to change the toys round regularly and to give them loads (and loads) of space and things to sit on and dig in.

Mine like willow and apple branches to chew and chill and chew mats (although they did wee on one and they do not last long).

Don't let your buns contact Spenser for chewing advice... his lordship has taken to climbing the furniture and helping himself to everything from books to rubber tipped pencils. :shock:

More seriously, chill-n-chew mats are good and quite inexpensive. I find Spenser can take quite a while to pay attention to a new one so I keep his old one until he has really made a start on the replacement.

Don't let your buns contact Spenser for chewing advice... his lordship has taken to climbing the furniture and helping himself to everything from books to rubber tipped pencils. :shock:

More seriously, chill-n-chew mats are good and quite inexpensive. I find Spenser can take quite a while to pay attention to a new one so I keep his old one until he has really made a start on the replacement.

Hmm it sounds like Spenser has been taking tips from Orla. There is nothing and I mean nothing she won't eat. That ranges from human food (we do not encourage this but she has been very wily) to shoes, children's toys, books, chalk and lord knows what else :lol: She is incredibly robust for all that and she jumps on the beds, dining chairs and sofas on a regular basis.

Thanks for the tips everyone. I have seen the chill and chew mats but never used one so I think I will try a few for the garage buns. I think you are right about rotating toys Tulsi, they love new things or things that seem new. In fact my son is the same. He gets very excited when I pull his older toys out :D

Back