PDA

View Full Version : Changing straw..

Aly&Poppy<3
19-11-2013, 09:47 PM
How often should I do it?

Charlie has been loving the straw in her bed bit, so when her new litter tray comes (biggest washing up bowl I could find :oops: :thumb:) I can sort it all out :D

I ordered a medium bag of snowflake barley straw as I know it's really soft, that came today :D She only toilets in her litter tray, the straw has been bone dry for nearly a week now (since she's had it), so how long should I wait before I clean it out and change it?

tonibun
20-11-2013, 10:44 AM
Every 10 - 14 days. (I read it somewhere!). Or go with your gut feeling.

elainema
20-11-2013, 10:26 PM
Hi, I tend to completely change mine every other week. Like yours, mine do not toilet upstairs (it's a chicken coop with a ramp up although in the middle of upgrading but that's another story:)) so as long as it's dry it's ok! I tend to add more inbetween if it's cold as they flatten it down and drag bits downstairs etc :thumb:

Aly&Poppy<3
20-11-2013, 10:28 PM
Awesome :D She's the first bun to snuggle into anything :lol:

ReeceT
21-11-2013, 05:05 PM
The straw they use for their business gets done every week, as the majority of them are quite good with their toilet habits the bedding straw in sleeping area is done once a month or so. Dont like messing up their little nests they make to sleep in. :thumb:

Alison Marie
21-11-2013, 09:06 PM
depends! if its nice and dry and theyve moved it somewhere i like to leave it as long as possible. if its mucky ill clean it out.

Aly&Poppy<3
21-11-2013, 09:11 PM
Thanks :D I used to use straw with Lola but I was trying to use the big bag I had up so I was changing it every other day, guess I'll just gauge it :D her new litter tray (washing up bowl :p) isn't here yet.. Hopefully tomorrow! Then I can give her a nice cosy bed, it's been getting to -3 here this week!

merryandpippin
27-12-2013, 09:38 AM
Thats good to know I was chabging and ckeaning their bedding area once a week. Now I know I can relax a bit more on that area :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk